tnx for the time that the cubieboard 2 was supported

Toast

i know you guys cant support every board thats outthere and it has been a wonderful ride with my cubieboard, few hickups in general armbian was the only reason i didnt bin that board when i got it just a little bit sad so see it go from supported devices but still i get it. 

its time to move on for newer and better boards. and with that said do you guys and a good suggestion for a replacement board that has a sata connection etc and thats gonna have a good timeline for support by Armbian ?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

i know you guys cant support every board thats outthere and it has been a wonderful ride with my cubieboard, few hickups in general armbian was the only reason i didnt bin that board when i got it just a little bit sad so see it go from supported devices but still i get it. 

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the armbian experience! :) 

So you move away cause the cubieboard 2 isn't supported anymore? Cause there are still A20 boards supported I think that you can still use this board with a 'conservative upgrade policy'.  Means being prepared (with backups) that a kernel upgrade might break something (or freeze kernel upgrades). As long as you're happy with the performance of the board there's no reason to change.  :)  To quote @Igor comment when moving to EOL:

Closing active support for few more older boards. Little to no sample…

…s so its hard to provide proper support even not much can go wrong ...

2 hours ago, Toast said:

its time to move on for newer and better boards. and with that said do you guys and a good suggestion for a replacement board that has a sata connection etc and thats gonna have a good timeline for support by Armbian ?

That's a bit harder, there are a bunch of boards with 'good' sata performance which are currently supported by Armbian (or support starts). It also depends on the use-case (large file-server where randomIO is of 'minor interest' or a database with a lot of small junk where randomIO matters). I suggest you read through this one and probably through the threads linked there:

was onboard here from the start that was a couple of years ago was around pre apt repository even :P been happy with the support only had one hickup and that was the last couple of pushes the latest kernel works just fine but thats just it staying on the same kernel isnt good in the long run.

i care less about write speed aslong as im getting sata support and about the same speeds as i get from the cubieboard 2 im good :) 

again my hat goes off to @Igor and the rest of the crew for the years of support. 

and ill certainly check out any board that has the qualities that im looking for.