Next major upgrade v5.60

Igor

I think this issue still exists? (.xz only singlefile and therefore no possibility for having checksum?). Even when most people don't use it (shame on those - including me. :P ), we shouldn't force our beginners to avoid checking download integrity. Did you compare 'performance' (means, burning a xz image directly compared to 7z --> img -->etcher). I think the last time I burned a xz image directly etcher was really slow (windows machine). 

16 minutes ago, chwe said:

I think this issue still exists? (.xz only singlefile and therefore no possibility for having checksum?). Even when most people don't use it (shame on those - including me. :P ), we shouldn't force our beginners to avoid checking download integrity. Did you compare 'performance' (means, burning a xz image directly compared to 7z --> img -->etcher). I think the last time I burned a xz image directly etcher was really slow (windows machine). 

I think the only convenience is the commodity.

1 hour ago, JMCC said:

Include leafpad and xarchiver as part of the desktop base image.

I will add rather geany xarchiver and atril ... there are thoughts to remove Thunderbird and LibreOffice Writer. Not sure if we need to make such extreme cutdowns. I am leaning toward @TonyMac32 propositions to provide an extremely stripped ("IOT ready") desktop with some tiling window manager and leave current as is. More or less.

1 hour ago, JMCC said:

If possible, change the OS images archive type from .7z to .xz.

A bit problematic at this point as @zador.blood.stained already exposed. We had a big discussion about this months-year ago and couldn't agree on what to do.

But I guess it does not mean that the change to Bionic is imminent, does it? I'm asking, just to know if it is worth to continue trying to develop the media stuff for Xenial, or I should rather move to Bionic already.

No, Xenial stays for a while. Months. Bionic is not really bug-free yet. Not upstream, not with our mods. I'll add Bionic targets here and there ... we need to get some feedback.

For the stripped down image, I made a fork and was starting to play around with RT patches and cutting out the bigger apps that may be overkill for an HMI sort of environment. So far I like the functionality of Notion, but I would love some feedback on anyone else's experience with tiling managers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think I found a bug, related to locales. After setting locale to "es_ES.UTF-8" in my Tinkerboard, updated to nightly, I get the following results:

juan@tinkerboard:~$ cat /etc/default/locale
#  File generated by update-locale
LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8

juan@tinkerboard:~$ locale
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_PAPER="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Because the variable "$LANGUAGE" is still set to "en_US.UTF-8", all the system still uses English, both in console and X. Setting that variable manually with "export LANGUAGE=es_ES.UTF-8" fixes the problem for that particular session.

Now, in my Orange Pi Plus 2e, which I set up a few months ago with the image "Armbian_5.38_Orangepiplus2e_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113_desktop.img", everything is fine:

juan@orangepiplus2e:~$ cat /etc/default/locale
LANGUAGE="es_ES:es_AR:es_CL:es_CO:es_CR:es_DO:es_EC:es_MX:es_NI:es_PA:es_PE:es_PR:es_SV:es_US:es_UY:es_VE:en_US:en"
LANG="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES.UTF-8"

juan@orangepiplus2e:~$ locale
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=es_ES:es_AR:es_CL:es_CO:es_CR:es_DO:es_EC:es_MX:es_NI:es_PA:es_PE:es_PR:es_SV:es_US:es_UY:es_VE:en_US:en
LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_TIME=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_NAME=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

[EDIT]: I tried to reconfigure locales into English in my Opi+2e, and it had an unexpected result, it only changed some of the entries in /etc/default/locale:

juan@orangepiplus2e:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
[sudo] password for juan:
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
  en_AG.UTF-8... done
  en_AU.UTF-8... done
  en_BW.UTF-8... done
  en_CA.UTF-8... done
  en_DK.UTF-8... done
  en_GB.UTF-8... done
  en_HK.UTF-8... done
  en_IE.UTF-8... done
  en_IN.UTF-8... done
  en_NG.UTF-8... done
  en_NZ.UTF-8... done
  en_PH.UTF-8... done
  en_SG.UTF-8... done
  en_US.UTF-8... done
  en_ZA.UTF-8... done
  en_ZM.UTF-8... done
  en_ZW.UTF-8... done
  es_AR.UTF-8... done
  es_BO.UTF-8... done
  es_CL.UTF-8... done
  es_CO.UTF-8... done
  es_CR.UTF-8... done
  es_CU.UTF-8... done
  es_DO.UTF-8... done
  es_EC.UTF-8... done
  es_ES.UTF-8... done
  es_GT.UTF-8... done
  es_HN.UTF-8... done
  es_MX.UTF-8... done
  es_NI.UTF-8... done
  es_PA.UTF-8... done
  es_PE.UTF-8... done
  es_PR.UTF-8... done
  es_PY.UTF-8... done
  es_SV.UTF-8... done
  es_US.UTF-8... done
  es_UY.UTF-8... done
  es_VE.UTF-8... done
Generation complete.
*** update-locale: Warning: LANGUAGE ("es_ES:es_AR:es_CL:es_CO:es_CR:es_DO:es_EC:es_MX:es_NI:es_PA:es_PE:es_PR:es_SV:es_US:es_UY:es_VE:en_US:en") is not compatible with LC_MESSAGES (en_US.UTF-8). Disabling it.

juan@orangepiplus2e:~$ locale
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=es_ES:es_AR:es_CL:es_CO:es_CR:es_DO:es_EC:es_MX:es_NI:es_PA:es_PE:es_PR:es_SV:es_US:es_UY:es_VE:en_US:en
LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_TIME=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_NAME=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

juan@orangepiplus2e:~$ cat /etc/default/locale
#LANGUAGE="es_ES:es_AR:es_CL:es_CO:es_CR:es_DO:es_EC:es_MX:es_NI:es_PA:es_PE:es_PR:es_SV:es_US:es_UY:es_VE:en_US:en"
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES.UTF-8"

I can't tell if maybe a few months ago I set the Spanish locales manually in my OPi, but in any case, the bug is now present in a fresh Tinkerboard image.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:22 AM, JMCC said:

I think I found a bug, related to locales. After setting locale to "es_ES.UTF-8" in my Tinkerboard, updated to nightly, I get the following results [...]

Same in 5.40 (Orange Pi Zero and Orange Pi PC2, Debian Stretch 9 server): armbian-config stuck changing locale from EN to IT (from en_US.UTF-8 to it_IT-UTF-8. You need to change manually by editing /etc/default/locale.

Today's nightly or build from development branch:

- packages cleanup and reorganize: removed Libre writer and Thunderbird from the default desktop install. This brings CLI < 1G and desktop < 2G.

- many bugfixes, enhancements and new software added to armbian-config https://github.com/armbian/config/blob/development/README.md

- fixed FriendlyARM M3 kernel

- wireless for Z28PRO

- removed HDD temperature from MOTD

- many upstream changes for Espressobin kernel(s)

- Odroid DT blob switching was added to the armbian-config. This speeds up boot process and lower consumption on HC1/HC2

- docker building improved
... more changes will be found at the merge

Tomorrow website launch ... then:
- merging patches to the stable

- testing

- testing

- fixing
- testing

- testing

- fixing

:)

I noticed one little glitch with the Nightly version on an Odroid HC1:

(Armbian_5.44.180506_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.39 - but the issue is also present in a version from previous days).

Seems there is no "/sys/class/net/eth0" device … instead it is named now "enx" + MAC address:

root@odroidxu4:~# ls /sys/class/net
enx001e0630c906  lo

The script /etc/init.d/armhwinfo queries eth0 via ifconfig, and makes some tweaks to the RPS settings of the eth0 device …

those commands doesn't work anymore as eth0 is not there (see first and last 2 output rows below):

root@odroidxu4:~# /etc/init.d/armhwinfo start
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
[ ok ] Setting cfg I/O scheduler for sda
[ ok ] Setting noop I/O scheduler for mmcblk0
[ ok ] Starting ARM hardware info: Odroid HC1 (5.44.180506)
/etc/init.d/armhwinfo: line 137: /sys/class/net/eth0/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus: No such file or directory
/etc/init.d/armhwinfo: line 139: /sys/class/net/eth0/queues/rx-0/rps_flow_cnt: No such file or directory

A few more fixes:

- Clearfog SFP and eMMC support on 4.14.y

- FriendlyARM S5P6818 based boards 2G memory support and back to latest 4.14.y

- fix broken 8822bs-patch for z28pro

- Odroid C2 next updated patches

Would it be possible to make the default user a member of the group "input"? I've noticed some non-X apps (the most notable being the GBM version of Kodi) that need it in order to have access to the keyboard and mouse.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:43 PM, JMCC said:

Would it be possible to make the default user a member of the group "input"? I've noticed some non-X apps (the most notable being the GBM version of Kodi) that need it in order to have access to the keyboard and mouse.

That was added.

I rebuilt nightly images almost for all boards. To test build system features and that anyone with any board can join testing. Images have to be browsed on dl.armbian.com

Also remade:
- Espressobin

- C2

- Cubox (due to the bug in NEXT u-boot)

tinker board  5.43
Linux tinkerboard 4.4.129-rockchip #9 SMP Thu Apr 26 14:50:55 CEST 2018 GNU/Linux

In the download FAQ on the new website we have:
Log in as: root  Password: 1234. Then you are prompted to change this password (US-Keyboard setting). When done, you are asked to create a normal user-account for your everyday tasks.

While login-text on HDMI Monitor:
- You are required to change your password immediately (root enforced)
  Changing password for root.

While login-text on the SSH is different:
- Changing password for root.

Can we have the same wording on both  and  adjust some text ?

Something like:
For secure operation it is necessary to change the standard 'root' password. It is also recommened to have non-root account for your everyday tasks, to create such a user you will be asked right after changing the root password.
 ""so the user knows what is coming""

Is this possible?

Display offers me only 800x600 nothing else, although it does display the display-manufacturer name  (Mainline Kernel does offer correct resolution)

testing reboot works fine

LibreOffice Writer & Thunderbird is still installed

The Menu is sometimes unresponsive, after 15 second it works again, maybe even the whole system, wouldn't let me login via SSH.
Run now the update.
It no longer hangs :-)

looks good to me

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.43.180427 testing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 4.4.129-rockchip   
System load:   0.36 0.18 0.07      Up time:       26 min        
Memory usage:  9 % of 2011MB     IP:            192.168.7
CPU temp:      43°C               
Usage of /:    6% of 30G   

apt list --upgradable

Spoiler

root@tinkerboard:~# apt list --upgradable
Listing... Done
armbian-bionic-desktop/bionic 5.44.180510 all [upgradable from: 5.43.180427]
armbian-config/bionic 5.44.180510 all [upgradable from: 5.43.180427]
armbian-firmware/bionic 5.44.180510 all [upgradable from: 5.43.180427]
chromium-browser/bionic-security,bionic-updates 66.0.3359.139-0ubuntu0.18.04.3 armhf [upgradable from: 65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu1]
chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra/bionic-security,bionic-updates 66.0.3359.139-0ubuntu0.18.04.3 armhf [upgradable from: 65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu1]
distro-info-data/bionic-security,bionic-updates 0.37ubuntu0.1 all [upgradable from: 0.37]
ghostscript/bionic-security,bionic-updates 9.22~dfsg+1-0ubuntu1.1 armhf [upgradable from: 9.22~dfsg+1-0ubuntu1]
libgs9/bionic-security,bionic-updates 9.22~dfsg+1-0ubuntu1.1 armhf [upgradable from: 9.22~dfsg+1-0ubuntu1]
libgs9-common/bionic-security,bionic-updates 9.22~dfsg+1-0ubuntu1.1 all [upgradable from: 9.22~dfsg+1-0ubuntu1]
libmysqlclient20/bionic-security,bionic-updates 5.7.22-0ubuntu18.04.1 armhf [upgradable from: 5.7.21-1ubuntu1]
libwavpack1/bionic-security,bionic-updates 5.1.0-2ubuntu1.1 armhf [upgradable from: 5.1.0-2ubuntu1]
linux-bionic-root-tinkerboard/bionic 5.44.180509 armhf [upgradable from: 5.43.180427]
linux-dtb-rockchip/bionic 5.44.180510 armhf [upgradable from: 5.43.180427]
linux-image-rockchip/bionic 5.44.180510 armhf [upgradable from: 5.43.180427]
linux-libc-dev/bionic 5.42.180411 armhf [upgradable from: 4.15.0-20.21]
linux-u-boot-tinkerboard-default/bionic 5.44.180510 armhf [upgradable from: 5.43.180427]
numix-gtk-theme/bionic 2.6.7+670~201710270712~ubuntu17.10.1 all [upgradable from: 2.6.7-3]
sunxi-tools/bionic 1.4.2-2~armbian5.44.180510+1 armhf [upgradable from: 1.4.2-2~armbian5.43.180425+1]
wget/bionic-security,bionic-updates 1.19.4-1ubuntu2.1 armhf [upgradable from: 1.19.4-1ubuntu2]

after this update, Reboot only reaches the terminal, not X.
Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.44.180509 nightly Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 4.4.131-rockchip   
System load:   0.00 0.06 0.03      Up time:       4 min        
Memory usage:  3 % of 2011MB     IP:            192.168.7
CPU temp:      43°C               
Usage of /:    6% of 30G   

I do now a shutdown,  start..
only reaches the terminal.

armbian-config

• installing lightdm
  • LibreOffice Writer & Thunderbird is still installed
  • Bluetooth was not (un)installed, I had it before, but I prefer it without. Installed it via armbian-config

reboot, no more Autologin to the Desktop

adjusting window size is very responsive :-)

Can you add a tiny 5 second Audio file
- WAV & MP3 on the image to test - could be from a bell or such
place it on the user-desktop so one can test and delete it?

armbian-config / Network / Advanced
# Network is managed by Network manager
 - can you extend this text like: If you want to turn it off go to...  

Because my display resolution doesn't work I didn't test @JMCC tinker board pimp's

19 minutes ago, Tido said:

LibreOffice Writer & Thunderbird is still installed

Well, you need to start with an image. If you start with CLI, you should have more desktop install options now. If not ... then I need to run rebuild again.

21 minutes ago, Tido said:

Bluetooth was not (un)installed

Desktop versions should be installed by default. That's good. Uninstalling should be possible from armbian-config menu ... but BT icon could remain there.

32 minutes ago, Tido said:

Display offers me only 800x600 nothing else

On your 1280x1024 monitor? Well, probably it doesn't have this resolution and pick 1st appropriate one. Still better than having some complete invalid.

21 minutes ago, Tido said:

Is this possible?

Anything is possible :) but do we need to mess up with changing this? It can look ugly if not done properly.

23 minutes ago, Tido said:

Yes, I noticed those problems but dunno what's the problem atm.

5 hours ago, Igor said:

6 hours ago, Tido said:

Yes, I noticed those problems but dunno what's the problem atm.

I'm suspecting there is some problem with ld path, but I'll look more into it.

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Well, you need to start with an image. If you start with CLI, you should have

Jeee, I wrote so much as you asked for testing and forgot to add this - it is the desktop version: Armbian_5.43.180427_Tinkerboard_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.4.129_desktop.img

It was my expectation, that the desktop version no longer comes with Libre & Thunderbird.

What did you mean with your first sentence ?

6 hours ago, Tido said:

Bluetooth was not (un)installed, I had it before, but I prefer it without. Installed it via armbian-config

A bit confusing. So initially Bluetooth was there, after I ran the upgrade (see steps above described) it was gone.  So I re-installed it via armbian-config

5 hours ago, Igor said:

On your 1280x1024 monitor?

mainline kernel does support 1280x1024

6 hours ago, Tido said:

Something like:
For secure operation it is necessary to change the standard 'root' password. It is also recommened to have non-root account for your everyday tasks, to create such a user you will be asked right after changing the root password.
 ""so the user knows what is coming""

Is this possible?

As it is right now - it is non-self-explanatory. If it can be changed, it would be good to think about it  -  it is your very first touch with armbian.

You only have one chance for a first impression.

Is it urgent? May be not, but important.

23 hours ago, JMCC said:

I'm suspecting there is some problem with ld path, but I'll look more into it.

Forget it, I misunderstood Tido's post.

Testing the Tinkerboard image, the most significant bug seems to be that HDMI audio sink (rockchip miniarm codec) is not available.

There seems to be also a significant loss of performance in Chromium (mostly in video playing), but I guess it must be because of the upstream update (I see no change in Chromium's config that could justify the difference). I'll try to look into it.

Setting locales, timezone and keyboard map works with no problem.

Besides that, I think desktop software selection is very appropriate for a general-purpose distro targeted at development boards. Geany is definitely a better choice than Libreoffice (which aims only at a very specific use-case of desktop computer, and also is much bigger).  Atril is also very useful for reading docs, Thunderbird was not that necessary, since many people use Web mail, and Xarchiver is a must. Leafpad may be redundant after adding Geany, but it is small and doesn't bother much. Now, the only package I need to install after flashing a new Armbian image is "mc".

[EDIT: The image is Armbian_5.44.180510_Tinkerboard_Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.4.131_desktop.img]

A quick review of recent testing images made with samsung sdcards (evo 16 or 32GB). I only check a few things:

- Armbian_5.44.180510_Pine64_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.10.107_desktop:
    - work as expected (no libreoffice application pre-installed)
    - start in 720p and successfully reboot to 1080p after modifying armbian_uEnv.txt

- Armbian_5.44.180510_Pine64_Debian_jessie_default_3.10.107:
    - boot fail: eth led are off, no hdmi signal

- Armbian_5.44.180510_Pine64_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.10.107:
    - work as expected
    - successfull switch to next kernel (4.14.40)
    - successfull switching to dev kernel (4.17.0-rc3)

- Armbian_5.44.180510_Bananapipro_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.14.40:
    - work as expected
    - successfull switch to dev kernel (4.17.0-rc3), but no wifi

- Armbian_5.44.180510_Orangepione_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.14.40:
    - work as expected
    - fail to switch to dev kernel (ethernet led are on but not blinking and no hdmi signal)

Only pine64 debian stretch image fails to boot. I have no more time in the coming days to investigate further.

23 hours ago, Tido said:

What did you mean with your first sentence ?

With a clean image. Not via upgrade. Well, even I think I fixed something, this might not always be true. Sometimes some vital part is somehow lost in the commit phase. Will check.

23 hours ago, Tido said:

A bit confusing. So initially Bluetooth was there, after I ran the upgrade (see steps above described) it was gone.  So I re-installed it via armbian-config

The same. I am not sure everything already works as expected. I haven't check any upgrades yet except installing a desktop on top of the latest CLI image.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:40 PM, Tido said:

As it is right now - it is non-self-explanatory. If it can be changed, it would be good to think about it  -  it is your very first touch with armbian.

You only have one chance for a first impression.

Is it urgent? May be not, but important.

I agree. Let's plan this for next.

Is there any chanсe to add group "gpio" for gpio interface?

At this moment gpio inteface under root group.

Spoiler

ls -l /sys/class/gpio
total 0
--w------- 1 root root 4096 May 15 11:03 export
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 May 15 11:38 gpio17 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/1c20800.pinctrl/gpiochip1/gpio/gpio17
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 May 15 11:38 gpio352 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/1f02c00.pinctrl/gpiochip0/gpio/gpio352
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 May 15 11:38 gpio362 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/1f02c00.pinctrl/gpiochip0/gpio/gpio362
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 May 15 11:38 gpiochip0 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/1c20800.pinctrl/gpio/gpiochip0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 May 15 11:38 gpiochip352 -> ../../devices/platform/soc/1f02c00.pinctrl/gpio/gpiochip352
--w------- 1 root root 4096 May 15 11:38 unexport

ls -l /sys/class/gpio/gpio352/
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May 15 11:38 active_low
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 May 15 11:38 device -> ../../../gpiochip0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May 15 11:03 direction
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May 15 11:38 edge
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    0 May 15 11:38 power
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 May 15 11:38 subsystem -> ../../../../../../../class/gpio
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May 15 11:38 uevent
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May 15 11:06 value

Update:

Workaround:

sudo groupadd -g 997 gpio

sudo usermod -aG gpio myuser
sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/80-gpio-noroot.rules

SUBSYSTEM=="gpio", GROUP="gpio", MODE="0660"  
SUBSYSTEM=="gpio*", PROGRAM="/bin/sh -c '\  
       /bin/chown -R root:gpio /sys/class/gpio && /bin/chmod -R 770 /sys/class/gpio;\
       /bin/chown -R root:gpio /sys/devices/platform/soc/1f02c00.pinctrl/gpiochip0/gpio/ && \
       /bin/chmod -R 770 /sys/devices/platform/soc/1f02c00.pinctrl/gpiochip0/gpio/;\
       /bin/chown -R root:gpio /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c20800.pinctrl/gpiochip1/gpio/ && \
       /bin/chmod -R 770 /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c20800.pinctrl/gpiochip1/gpio/\
'"

• Igor changed the title to v5.45 (desktop on top of cli, xu4 next upgrade, ...)
On 5/13/2018 at 12:58 PM, JMCC said:

Testing the Tinkerboard image, the most significant bug seems to be that HDMI audio sink (rockchip miniarm codec) is not available.

I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause yet, but is seems to be related to some kernel change, since merely upgrading from stable to nightly makes the sink disappear.

Is it temporary error?

E: The repository 'http://beta.armbian.com stretch Release' does no longer have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

13 hours ago, rusatch said:

Is it possible to add to dts for Orange PI zero plus 2 code for enable onboard leds?

Possible, but no resources for prompt actions. Please send a tested/aligned patch against master branch: https://github.com/armbian/build Preferrable also for upcoming DEV kernel branch.

Hello,

I did again some testing with the actual Nightly builds on an Odroid HC1, and detected an issue - the DNS name resolution doesn't work properly.

Reason is that the configuration file "/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf" now contains a line "dns=None".  After just deleting this line from NetworkManager.conf, it works fine - and NetworkManager is updating "/etc/resolv.conf" accordingly.

(Note: with "dns=none", the DHCP client ("dhclient" resp. "dhclient-script" would have to take care of the "resolv.conf" update - but that script gets never called, as "dhclient" is started with the -sf option, and will instead invoke the NetworkManage "nm-dhcp-helper" component).

I found the issue trying the following images:
5.46.180602_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.9.103

5.46.180602_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_dev_4.14.47

5.46.180530_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_dev_4.14.44

It was fine (i.e. "NetworkManager.conf" does not contain the "dns=none" line) in:
5.44.180506_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.39

5.45_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.9.99 

So must happened somewhere in between ...

Andi.

47 minutes ago, AndiH said:

Reason is that the configuration file "/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf" now contains a line "dns=None".  After just deleting this line from NetworkManager.conf, it works fine - and NetworkManager is updating "/etc/resolv.conf" accordingly.

Tweaking this setting was disabled a week ago, so newer images built from the master branch should work fine out of the box.

A while back @botfap gifted us an HDMI hotplug rule for the Tinker board, which happens to be hardware agnostic as far as I can tell, I've put it on the Odroid XU4, for instance:

if [[ $BRANCH != default ]]; then
		mkdir -p $destination/etc/udev/rules.d
		mkdir -p $destination/usr/local/bin
		cp $SRC/packages/bsp/rockchip/hdmi.rules $destination/etc/udev/rules.d
		install -m 755 $SRC/packages/bsp/rockchip/hdmi-hotplug $destination/usr/local/bin
	fi

Should this be rolled out across all mainline kernels, I hear a lot about unplugging and re-plugging monitors being a concern for some users?

I don't want to pre-emptively stick it in something like the sunxi files because I could wreck the entire system if something isn't perfect, I would assume some board somewhere would need an adjustment, because reasons.