Installation SD not work

Nicolas95

Question

Hello,

I'm newbie on freescale imx6. I've just bought a hummingBoard2 rev1.4. A modem SIMCOM7600E mcpie is attached.

When I used ignition and install debian, it's works but I 've a problem with the driver of this modem, the WWAN is not configured. ATCOMMAND works fine but I would like to use it by wwan interface and I didn't know how to put the driver file.c!

I decided to install armbian_5.38 debian or ubuntu but my hummingboard doesn't boot. The autoboot stop at ##Flattend Device Tree blob at 18000000

Booting using the fdt blob at 0x18000000

after this I had "No signal" on my HDMI screen.

I use a µSDHC1 Transcend 8Go. She is erased by SDFORMATTER and I use win32diskimager for the.img.

How can I do for my H2 works fine?

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Nicolas95 said:

SDHC1 Transcend 8Go

did you test the card before usage with h2testw?

win32diskimager for the.img.

replace it with etcher as recommended in the 'getting started'.

How can I do for my H2 works fine?

Buy a reliable SD card and follow the recommendations... ;) I guess (and that's just a guess), this card is slow as hell and therefore it struggles... 

Hi, thanks for your replies!

I used this SD (an another same one) for ignition with debian, they work properly.

I tested with Etcher same problem!

I used this transcend ultimate 600x U1 for another application, and she works good!

16 minutes ago, Nicolas95 said:

I used this SD (an another same one) for ignition with debian, they work properly.

I don't have the a Hummingboard 2, but I think the image should at least boot.  So something with your setup fulfills not the needs for proper booting... Main issues are bad powering or bad SD-Card (counterfeit or to slow)..  So test it with h2testw and ind case this doesn't show any errors replace it with a known good one.. 

It is possible that you need to use updated u-boot which properly recognize board you have. Possible solution:

- make an image from latest sources. There were some relevant changes in the u-boot

- set fdt_file parameter in /boot/armbianenv to one of those: https://github.com/armbian/config/blob/master/debian-config-submenu#L424-L430