experimental images to stable builds

Andy

Hy

I'm currently running the latest experimental image on my NanoPi Neo Core 2.  Works great haven't had any problems with it.

Now my question when does the "experimental image" state change to a "stable build"? What are the criteria?

Andy

4 hours ago, GekoCH said:

Now my question when does the "experimental image" state change to a "stable build"? What are the criteria?

It's somewhat common decision by the developers. When:

- known critical problems are solved

- less critical are at least acknowledged and marked at the board download page

- not very much reported troubles on the forum

- if/when we can afford to provide end-user support. This part is getting more and more problematic due to large board count.

Even labeled experimental, they are usually in a (much) better shape than factory/stock ones. They just don't label it.

7 hours ago, GekoCH said:

I'm currently running the latest experimental image on my NanoPi Neo Core 2.  Works great haven't had any problems with it.

which image did you use? On my NanoPi Neo Core 2 I do run the image for the NanoPi Neo Plus 2?

Is there a "real" Core 2 image?

Its running fine? I didnt try the eMMC option.

Iam using:

ARMBIAN 5.42.180323 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.29-sunxi64

Linux nanopi-core2 4.14.29-sunxi64 #57 SMP Fri Mar 23 12:09:14 CET 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

thx for the info.

no of course its the NanoPi Neo Plus 2 image. 

I use the eMMC option and it boots fine and is stable. Currently running this build as a companion pc for a drone.

Andy

On 25.3.2018 at 10:42 AM, Andy said:

no of course its the NanoPi Neo Plus 2 image. 

I use the eMMC option and it boots fine and is stable. Currently running this build as a companion pc for a drone.

Today I did install from MicroSD to eMMC (ext4 format selected) - did work fine on my NanoPi Neo Core2 (with the NanoPi Neo Plus 2 Image).

The only thing was a dissorted question (warning?) at the beginning at the start of the installation....
The 1.4GB of the installation did take around 20 minutes.

After the copy routine I did remove the card and could boot my installation from eMMC - its fast and Iam happy :)