Looking for some Armbian guidance

JSF

Armbian noob here.  I am looking for some guidance from the Armbian experts.

I am familier with Debian 8 and 9 on x86/adm64 architectures as well as Raspbian on RPi's.  Been using Linux off and on for 15 years.  Just purchased some Rock64 boards and plan on using them for NextcloudPi, PiVPN, and PiHole. 

I just saw that Armbian has released a nightly of Debian Stretch for the Rock64.  I have downloaded it and gotten it installed.  Ran apt-get upgrade/apt-get update and all went well.  Does this Armbian image have all the "standard" packages and utilities installed?  Are their any other general packages/app that I need for a general server image? Any other recommendations or suggestions for using Armbian as a general purpose linux server OS?

I understand that Armbian Stretch for the Rock64 os still in testing, so I realize I am taking my life in my own hands if I use this as a production OS.

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, jsfrederick said:

I realize I am taking my life in my own hands if I use this as a production OS

:lol:

All images are built in roughly the same way using the same script.  I am not aware of any packages missing from Rock64, I believe most of the work is in the kernel itself, not in the rootfs.  Now, obviously, everything you personally may desire might not be included, but we use the standard repositories, so if the distro has it for the architecture then it should be available.