Success on C2 / stretch

mboehmer

Hi guys,

after some interesting weeks, I could successfully install eight Odroid C2 together with dedicated FPGA hardware now, and prepare them now for deep sea operation.

Just wanted to express a big "THANK YOU" to all here in the forum which were involved in helping me to get the beast working.

The boards operate now with patches inside Uboot (serial console 9600 8N1) and several small patches inside the kernel (device tree, PWM, ADCs, 1Wire), and a patch inside the rt8152 driver to switch off the LEDs in the USB ethernet dongle (PMTs don't like such bright light usually). 128GB eMMCs are working fine, thanks to the speed patch :)

The Armbian image does a great job, it's a pleasure to work with. At the moment I run it headless over some DSL connection, with a SSH tunnel and TigerVNC to remotely operate it and test under hard conditions :)

Again, thanks to all persons involved.

BTW, I'm open for ideas on how to save power on C2 during operation, as well as how to read CPU temperature remotely - we have 22W max power dissipation inside the Titanium shell... every Watt counts.

BTW2, how can I take the kernel image out of updates? I want to use apt-get for normal packages, but hands off the kernel :)

So far, Michael