And my RPI is now RIP.

Rfreire

Hi there Board,

I have bought my Tinkerboard after some good research with my fellow techies at Red Hat and reading thoroughly that 19+pages Tinkerboard Thread.

After crafting a super lean/mean kernel (kconfig at https://gist.github.com/rfrht/5f0fa113f12fbacf832e57ff4967785a ), I got a stable and lightweight kernel configuration.

Things got a lot funnier when doing some compatibility tests with specific Asterisk versions, I was able to install and run cleanly a Raspi .DEB pkg. And that got me thinking.

I have now JUST replaced the Raspberry Pi with the Tinkerboard. And guess what: It was a _inplace_ upgrade! Using the same userland, same hard drive, same everything.

I just had to set the MMC card with Tinkerboard /boot stuffs, specified the USB root device using rootdev=<proper clause> (in my case, rootdev=LABEL=TinkerRoot), edited /etc/fstab accordingly and... It RAN!

Smoothly. Perfectly. My 120 Mbps from carrier being diligently delivered. My userspace apps running nicely.

Well, I would like to send my deep respect and special thanks to @TonyMac32 for exploring Tinkerboard and putting it to work nicely, and  @Igor for hosting the project.

We grow when we share! ;-)