Critical external environments when sd crashes - input-output-error

Lucas Schiochet

Hi,

We are testing our orange pi one in critical external environments like warehouses, manufacturing and other.

In some cases, even if the good case there is a misconnection between the sd card and the orange pi one.

Connected in ssh i can access the orange pi but a lot of command cannot responde anymore, like ls, top, htop, tail and others.

Even the reboot shows me the input-output-error, and the only way to reboot the hardware is using "echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger".

When this happens, i tried create a cron with 'at' or background jobs using sh like './script.sh &' with the content "echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger" but still not works.

My question is, when i remove the sd card from the board a lot of i/o features are disable.
How can i identity and reboot when this happen automatically?

i am using orange pi one based on linux 4.14 ubuntu xenial.

Thanks

21 hours ago, Lucas Schiochet said:

In some cases, even if the good case there is a misconnection between the sd card and the orange pi one

wouldn't it make sense to figure out why you lose connection instead of finding a fallback for a situation which might differ from time to time on which state you lost contact to the SD-Card. 

So is it a hardware issue - means that the physically lost connection (cause the SD-Card connector is damaged) or cause your cards gets corrupted due to bad quality or to much writing to it that they get destroyed by your usage? 

There must be a reason why you lost connection to your card. And figuring out why that happens might be solve your problem better not? :) 

FWIW I had the same kind of error after my RCCB tripped 5 times in a row in a few minutes. The strange thing is, the error didn't happen until the next day when I restarted a daemon, and cutting power again has apparently fixed it :o