armbian 5.34.171106 debian 9 does not run

constantius

18 minutes ago, constantius said:

armbian for orangepi win and win plus not boot starting kernel ends boot.

That is not true. They - which are exposed on the download page - work.

19 minutes ago, constantius said:

No debian 9 images on next and archive folder

If you need a Debian 9 or any other combination: https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

Images in the "nightly" folder are made automatically from the development branch (this will be noted better on the upcoming web redesign). We are building them for developers and testers, for people which seek bugs and work hard many months, to provide a system with as fewer troubles as possible.

They were never meant for end users and might be completely broken.

30 minutes ago, constantius said:

armbian 5.34.171106 debian 9 does not run. i mean this image ends boot on starting kernel command... i checked one hour ago...

That is not a problem. Problem is that they are not labeled with warnings enough. Automated nightly images were never designed for end users and they might work or not. If they don't work ... The problem was "fixed" - all nightly images were removed. Once again - you can try to build one from recent sources, but ... boards with A64 are not supported very well at the moment. Debian Stretch with default kernel should work, but you need to build it on your own since it happens that we don't provide it by default. 

Just now, zador.blood.stained said:

but not without issues, and building Stretch with such old kernels is explicitly disabled in the build script.

True. I forgot that we are still running 3.10.y there :( IIRC on a modern kernel 4.16.y we have a broken network on this board.

7 minutes ago, Igor said:

IIRC on a modern kernel 4.16.y we have a broken network on this board.

EMAC and PHY nodes were not added to its DT file upstream, and AFAIK it needs an additional regulator node to power the PHY. So its not exactly broken, just nobody tested and submitted a patch for this board.

No such script: /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/debian
[ error ] ERROR in function create_rootfs_cache [ debootstrap-ng.sh:126 ]
[ error ] Debootstrap base system first stage failed
[ o.k. ] Process terminated
[ error ] ERROR in function unmount_on_exit [ image-helpers.sh:59 ]
[ error ] debootstrap-ng was interrupted

what  did I wrong?

I run  sudo ./compile.sh BOARD=orangepiwin BRANCH=next KERNEL_ONLY=no RELEASE=debian

Errors were encountered while processing:
 /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-98b5s7/094-gnome-icon-theme_3.12.0-2_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
[ error ] ERROR in function create_rootfs_cache [ debootstrap-ng.sh:212 ]
[ error ] Installation of Armbian packages failed
[ error ] ERROR in function unmount_on_exit [ image-helpers.sh:59 ]
[ error ] debootstrap-ng was interrupted

6 minutes ago, guidol said:

for the Orange Pi Win (Plus) I could only see xenial (no debian) in the .conf file of the armbian build system:

Those settings are for automated build. You should be able to build Jessie and Xenial.

2 minutes ago, constantius said:

Xenial has been done - I would like to build Debian stretch and share my build with you and other

Good. Now read this thread again. Debian Stretch on this old kernel doesn't work properly. Jessie yes, but Jessie is old.