BananaPro Wifi unfunctional since apt-get upgrade

WolfDonner

Hello,

at first I want to thank you for your great work Igor :)

2 Days ago I installed the new version 5.00 Vanilla Kernel armbian for BananaPro on my SD card. And I was so glad to finally see a working wifi for BananaPro with mainline kernel. Today I did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. Ever since there is no more a wlan0 interface. Have tried ifconfig and iwconfig. It seems to be, that there was installed a new kernel image. What can we do to get it working again?

Also ReleaseHistory says there is a version 5.01 but the download link for BananaPro Vanilla Jessie still leads to a version 5.00 link.

Kind regards

Wolf

Thanks!

Well, it's related to those problems:

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/691-banana-pro-testers-wanted-sata-drive-not-working-on-some-boards/

I simply revert my changes (have one config for all Bananas) back to kernel default until I get Banana PRO on my desk and do all tests.

Now you need to manually select:

sun7i-a20-bananapi-m1-plus.dtb

sun7i-a20-bananapro.dtb

in boot.cmd.

1. Edit /boot/boot.cmd

2. Replace /boot/dtb/${fdtfile} with /boot/dtb/sun7i-a20-bananapro.dtb or sun7i-a20-bananapi-m1-plus.dtb

3. Save and recompile: mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

4. Reboot

Also ReleaseHistory says there is a version 5.01 but the download link for BananaPro Vanilla Jessie still leads to a version 5.00 link.

That's ok - I don't rebuild images for every change since we achieve the same with apt-get upgrade.

Looks like I don't have ap6210 module at all:

~$ sudo modprobe ap6210
modprobe: FATAL: Module ap6210 not found.
~$ uname -a
Linux bananapi 4.4.1-sunxi #10 SMP Wed Feb 17 17:57:20 CET 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

I manually changed boot.cmd & recompiled, proper dtb is loaded - but I guess this is not related to the fact I miss the module itself. No such problem on legacy kernel but I specifically need something newer.