Orange Pi Zero WiFi Access Point

eren

Hi,

I'm trying to activate WiFi access point on my Orange Pi that using internet over ethernet cable. On my friend's computer we've flashed and activate Access point on armbian-config menu, but in newer releases of armbian(that i've downloaded yesterday) armbian-config menu doesn't contain such option to activate access point. I want to know how to activate access point in current release, or can i? Thanks in advance.

Which Armbian kernel and version?

When this happens to me, I typically just revert to a previous version that has the support and/or features I'm looking for. I would recommend doing the same, in addition to making an image of SD card (if you've spent a good deal of time setting it up) before updating to the latest kernel. This is one fix.

Without booting up my own device with latest version, and taking your word for it that it's not available in armbian-config menu. It's likely because the armbian-config is being worked on,  and you will not be able to enable specifically through armbian-config menu temporarily. You may need to either, do as suggested above (easiest) or setup manually, here's a post with 2 tutorials towards the end that may help in doing so.

Thank you for your respond, the Armbian version is 5.38 on both one. The working one' kernel version is 4.14.14(the one comes with AP option), but the other one has 4.14.18, i'm pretty sure that he downloaded his armbian before i do i don't know why is my kernel version older.