Thermal sensor detected *sometimes*

Rauli

I have an Orange Pi One, with Armbian installed.

*sometimes* when I log in it displays:

"Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.38 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.18-sunxi"

Then some system statistics and a line with the CPU temperature, for example:

"CPU temp: 58ºC"

I can also get the current temperature with armbianmonitor -m or reading a file called "temp" in a directory under /etc/system (I don't remember the full path now).

If I log in again, I see again the temperature in the welcome message, running armbianmonitor or reading the aforementioned file.

Until I shutdown and boot again.

Then, all 3 methods of getting the temperature work (like I have just told), or all 3 methods don't (no temperature shown at log in, no temperature column in armbianmonitor, and temp file does not exist).

It's like the thermal sensor being detected randomly on some boots, but not on other.

I plan to have this board on and unnatedned for long periods of time, so I would like to have the temperature/speed control working, to prevent overheating, but I don't know what's the problem here.

The only changes I did from fresh install were international configuration and modify DTB to change micro-USB port mode from OTG to HOST. But with the new DTB, thermal sensor works *sometimes* and with the old DTB (which I backed-up), thermal sensor works *sometimes* too. I also run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, but the problem remains. I haven't disabled any item for the welcome screen in armbian-config.