NanoPC T3+ boot troubles

Vlado

Question

I'll try to test this later this week. @Vlado it looks like you have the same chip as @Igor but you needed the edit where he didn't which is odd. On his board the chip was printed SAMSUNG 728.

YES, same as Igor SAMSUNG 728 K4B4G16 46D-BCK0

PCB also same!

5 minutes ago, Vlado said:

I'll try to test this later this week. @Vlado it looks like you have the same chip as @Igor but you needed the edit where he didn't which is odd. On his board the chip was printed SAMSUNG 728.

YES, same as Igor SAMSUNG 728 K4B4G16 46D-BCK0

PCB also same!

Pretty strange then - sometimes your edit is needed and sometimes not!

So, continue.

crazystick has SEC 843 K4B4G16 46E BCMA. 

BCMA mean 933MHz

BCK0 - 800MHz

and if crazystick has crash with 2GB then 

1. memory chip can be fake, because 933MHz version just should work very well at 800MHz.   80%

2. bad layout pcb for memory.  15%

3. noisy environment. 5%

Percentage is probability

Value that changed in bl1 is frequency. 666MHz

Original frequency was 800MHz

hi

Quite similar situation occurs with the banana M2 A64 Allwinner. I have one of the beginning of production and the second of this year. On the first boot, everything about Armbian. On the second only to the kernel 4.14. Above 4.14 you have to use the image with pine64 +. I will not give you memory numbers because I have already covered with heat sinks.

37 minutes ago, Vlado said:

Value that changed in bl1 is frequency. 666MHz

Original frequency was 800MHz

Interesting. What speed is it using in the NanoPC-T3 image (the non + image)? That has been quite stable for me so far.

Second board with 933MHz version chip not work with 800MHz. 

Situations is stable. :)

For this CPU max. posible frequency for memory bus is 800MHz. Why FA use 933MHz version chip? Ran out of 800MHz memory IC?

Just a little note to say that the `nand-sata-install` script doesn't transfer an edited bl1 from the SD to onboard eMMC, so you need to reapply the edit. If you only have CLI, you can do it like this (assuming you've booted from SD and run nand-sata-install already):

printf '\x01\xde\x10\x10' | sudo dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1 seek=616 count=4 conv=notrunc