Need some info on nanopi duo

pzw

I'm currently designing a PCB which will use a nanopi duo board. Unfortunately it is not in stock at the moment so I can't order one yet to verify some measurements.

Can someone (@guidol or @larry bank maybe?) who has one sitting on their desk please give me the following info;

- Distance between headers.  Total width is 1" so I guessed 0.9"... Is this correct?

- length of the pin headers. So I know how high it will sit on the PCB

- total height of the pins + PCB

- is there anything on the bottom PCB which is higher than the plastic on the pin headers? In other words; can I push the whole module all the way down to a PCB and then only have the thickness of the plastic of the pin headers? Or is something "sticking" out..

- How much does the heatsink add to the total thickness? (Or what is the thickness of the heatsink...)

Thanks in advance for your help and time. 

Can someone (@guidol or @larry bank maybe?) who has one sitting on their desk please give me the following info;

- Distance between headers.  Total width is 1" so I guessed 0.9"... Is this correct?

24mm

- length of the pin headers. So I know how high it will sit on the PCB

2mm plastic (yellow) & 6mm the metal pins

- total height of the pins + PCB

12mm

- is there anything on the bottom PCB which is higher than the plastic on the pin headers? In other words; can I push the whole module all the way down to a PCB and then only have the thickness of the plastic of the pin headers? Or is something "sticking" out..

the uSD-port is below the plastic of the headers BUT the screws for the heat sink are 0.5-1mm higher than the yellow plastic

- How much does the heatsink add to the total thickness? (Or what is the thickness of the heatsink...)

the heat-sink does add around 4mm - so the total thickness is 16mm

NanoPi_Duo_1.jpg

NanoPi_Duo_2.jpg

NanoPi_Duo_3.jpg

NanoPi_Duo_4.jpg

I have one more question, which I hope @guidol can help with too...

If I read the datasheet of "magjacks" made by Pulse (that is a connector with built in transformers / magnetics) I see the following;

pulsedatasheet.thumb.png.d3a433abcb229ace4c2244f1f0fb6eaa.png

There is clearly an set of resistors terminating the lines from the magjack to the PHY (in the H2+)...

However on the diagrams there is nothing like this;

duo-page5.thumb.png.23003c6f004fe12601afc83d0d0b288d.png

duo-page9.thumb.png.b4dd3e3c5242dd3f7b3ae0532127ba21.png

So I hope that someone can measure for me the resistance between pin 13&14 on the headers of the DUO when it is not plugged into a shield. If there is a resistance of about 100ohms, it means that these resistors are built into the CPU... If not, then I need to add them. (And FriendlyArm might need to revise their shield or module ;-) )

Thanks in advance!

@chwe the snippets in my post come from their diagram of the module... I noticed forgot to add the snippets from the shield.. I'll add it when I'm home again.  But that will show no termination circuit...

2 hours ago, pzw said:

I have one more question, which I hope @guidol can help with too...

So I hope that someone can measure for me the resistance between pin 13&14 on the headers of the DUO when it is not plugged into a shield. If there is a resistance of about 100ohms, it means that these resistors are built into the CPU... If not, then I need to add them. (And FriendlyArm might need to revise their shield or module ;-) )

between Pin 13 & 14 the ohm-meter doesnt show a reaction - like there is no connection between these two pins.

Did try also both directions (+/-)

NO zero Ohm and NO 100 Ohm

19 minutes ago, pzw said:

Thanks @guidol! Last question. Was that powered up?

no

[EDIT] with power via MicroUSB there are 105-120 Ohm - ALL measured without the base, BUT the picture for finding the right pins....with heatsink I couldnt read at the top of the Duo :(

Duo_Pinout_Base.jpg

NanoPi_Duo_Top.jpg

1 hour ago, pzw said:

Saves me a headache.

Hmm I'm not a EE but wasn't this clear from the schematics (as far as I understand schematics this was clarified in the minishield part of it). Hmm lets ask a EE... @TonyMac32 :P

@chwe In the schematics it was not clear if there is a termination circuit inside the CPU... The headache referred to the required implementation of a termination circuit in my design.

@TonyMac32 Thanks for verifying it :-) . It did strike me as odd if FA would have overlooked this termination requirement... Also I would have expected network throughput issues because of it, but I couldn't find reports about that... So that made it almost certain that the termination was happening on the die.