NanoPINeoCore2 , Debian_stretch modules issue

GFXTMU

I have installed Armbian_5.38_Nanopineo2_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.14.7z on NanoPINeo Core2 H5.

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.38 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.0

uname -a
Linux ntp169992 4.14.0 #25 SMP Fri May 11 16:57:53 CST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

ls /lib/modules

4.14.18-sunxi64

lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by

No modules are loaded

modprobe tun
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.14.0/modules.dep.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module tun not found in directory /lib/modules/4.14.0

It seems there is a problem in the build ?

On 5/24/2018 at 5:38 PM, guidol said:

because of the emmc of the Core2 I do use image of the NanoPi Neo Plus2 (also H5 CPU)

https://dl.armbian.com/nanopineoplus2/

but @Igor the NanoPi Neo Plus2 isnt at the Download-page https://www.armbian.com/download/?tx_maker=friendlyelec

hmm ok I use the "Nanopi Neo 2" image on my "NanoPi NEO Core2" and it works too.

So what is the difference to the "NanoPi Neo Plus2" image? Is the Plus2 image better supported do to its emmc?

Andy

3 hours ago, Andy said:

hmm ok I use the "Nanopi Neo 2" image on my "NanoPi NEO Core2" and it works too.

So what is the difference to the "NanoPi Neo Plus2" image? Is the Plus2 image better supported do to its emmc?

at the time when I did get my Core2 I asked Igor which image would be the best.... so I ended up with the Neo Plus2 Image because of the emmc support - then the normal Neo2 hasnt a emmc.
I dont know if the actual Neo2 image does support emmc.

With the Neo Plus2 image I did install armbian on the emmc of the Core2 successfully.

Neo Plus 2 is back to download page :) But the image H5 and A64 boards are still experimental. Does anyone know when they will be stable?

Today, what is the best and stable image for the Neo Plus 2 ?

Debian_stretch_next,

Debian_stretch_next_nightly

Ubuntu_bionic_dev_nightly

nanopi-neo-plus2_friendlycore-xenial_4.14.0_20180511

I need to deploy an application with Nano PI in the days to come and I do not know what image to take for have a stable OS. 

Thanks.

@+