Firefly RK3399 support efforts (potential csc board?)

hjc

Hi everyone, 
we're using the NanoPC-T4 and have pretty high requirements on the USB speed and stability, because we're attaching several industrial cameras with high resolutions.
When using Armbian 5.90 stable with the 4.4.179 kernel, there are sometimes errors, dropped packages and generally slower transfer speeds.
The Armbian 5.93 nightly with a 5.2.0 kernel on the other hand, has a perfectly stable connection and roughly 20% more throughput. Seems like a lot improved on the USB stack in the kernel.

Unfortunately the NanoPC-T4's wifi isn't supported in this kernel, so my questions would be:

Is it likely wifi is gonna be fixed on this board at some point?
Is anybody working on that and what's the best place to ask?
Is this depending on Rockchip? On their status matrix (http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Status_Matrix) I can't find any information on wifi.
Can we support the development in any way?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Best, David

1 hour ago, DerDave said:

Unfortunately the NanoPC-T4's wifi isn't supported in this kernel, so my questions would be:

I got it working using a different version of brcmfmac4356-sdio.bin/brcmfmac4356-sdio.txt.

It is not committed to Armbian repository since it could break some other boards such as OPi3.

If you wish to try it out, backup the original ones and use the ones I'm providing here in attachment.

brcmfmac4356-sdio.bin brcmfmac4356-sdio.txt