a Google docs spreadsheet that tabulates the boards’ key features

Tido

linuxgizmos

Our June 2018 round-up of hacker-friendly single board computers comprises three resources: an overview of recent SBC market trends; this catalog; and a Google docs spreadsheet that tabulates the boards’ key features.

I haven't checked the list, well beside sunxi which lists all Allwinner another list..

http://linuxgizmos.com/catalog-of-116-open-spec-hacker-boards/

Some impressive list. Some I didn't know about.
The NanoPC T4 seems so sexy. It's already selling. RockPro64 in July.  I just bought the NanoPC T3+, I love it.
I was planning to buy the Odroid N1. I would like to use it as my main desktop pc.

I don't know if I have the patience to wait for it.
Do you have any experience with the Rock3399 chips? I hope it's going to be good.

Cheers.

5 hours ago, NicoD said:

Do you have any experience with the Rock3399 chips? I hope it's going to be good.

It is new to us in the last few months, and the Linux community in general, so there is some work to be done.  But I agree, it should be very nice B)

8 hours ago, Tido said:

I haven't checked the list, well beside sunxi which lists all Allwinner another list..

http://linuxgizmos.com/catalog-of-116-open-spec-hacker-boards/

Like all of those list it's not worth to visit them since they're full of mistakes. That's only for people who are impressed by vast amounts of data and don't give a sh*t about information (data != information).

3 examples after looking for ONE MINUTE into this BS collection:

1. Banana Pi M2 Berry is listed with 4 USB ports while this board in reality just uses one USB host port to provide 4 USB receptacles (shared bandwidth due to internal USB hub).
  2. Banana Pi M2 Ultra is also listed with 4 USB ports which is BS since this board has 2 USB receptacles (+ 1 x Micro USB OTG port) and at least exposes all of the USB host ports
  3. CubieBoard6/7 is listed as one entry which is OK from a hardware point of view (since the pin compatible S500/S700 SoCs are the only change between both board variants). But under 'OSes' for both boards 'Linux, Android' is listed which is simply BS since Cubieboard 7 with it's Actions Semi S700 SoC is simply an Android toy only. No Linux image has been made available, there's only one smelly 3.10 kernel that receives no updates since a long time any more and the vendor is known for providing horrible software support these days anyway.

After spotting that much errors within a minute I stopped and closed the browser tab. It's just a waste of time to look through a huge collection of data providing zero (correct) information. Also the most important factor if you also want to USE a SBC and not just buy one is missing: quality of software support. Everybody should know that 'software support' makes the difference between a SBC and a paperweight or door stop. This collection of (partially wrong) data does not differentiate at all so it's completely useless.