NanoPC T3+ Audio Jack and microphone not working

NicoD

Question

Hi guys.
I can't get the headphone jack to work on the NanoPC T3+ on Armbian 5.44 Bionic.

HDMI sound works.

There's a second Built-in Audio, but nothing seems to work. Also the on-board microphone doesn't work.

I've tested it on the friendlyArm Lubuntu and there it both works.

Additional. Can somebody point me into the right direction where to add a higher cpufreq in available frequencies? 
At 1400Mhz it only reaches 55°C maxed(with fan). Single core performance is bad. So some overclock would be helpful.
Otherwise Armbian works great. Thank you.

NicoD

3 answers to this question

HW support situation with this particular board is already very good and it was an investment, which will never be repaid in any form, to get to this level. If we want to resolve all remaining "small" issues and keep aligned with mainline development, we need to hire help. Last month whole project raised around 150 EUR of end-user donations ...  which means we can't.

Features work in the stock kernel, yes ... but having support in the modern kernel, aka mainlining, takes a lot of time even with sufficient, dedicated and well-paid people.

I'm going to ask people to donate what they can to Armbian in my next video. You never know. And next month you can expect a (small) donation from me.

I was already planning to talk a lot about Armbian.

I can live without the headphone-jack. But it would be nice if it could be fixed in the future.

I'm still learning a lot about Linux. I hope I'll be able to help more soon. I've got 25 years DOS/Windows programming experience. But since I'm on Linux I feel such a noob. But that's a good thing.

Thanks, greetings.

1 hour ago, NicoD said:

I'm going to ask people to donate what they can to Armbian in my next video. You never know. And next month you can expect a (small) donation from me.

I was already planning to talk a lot about Armbian.

I doubt that this will change the project from amateur to professional level or to make foundations to develop this board further.

To illustrate the gap. Let's say we already make 500 or 1000 of working hours every month to make this project running. According to this only 15 minutes per month is awarded/covered with the end user donation (luckily there are few companies to cover at least few basic costs and most of the infrastructure), while we are getting daily requests for more and more and more and more and more of free extreme, demanding and long-term work ... here and on all private channels. People have absolutely no clue how much work is behind this free software and also think our resources are free and open for their wishes and personal problems :( Probably only a long-term advocacy can change this perception unlike any of your or our actions.

Thanks and keep working on your videos!