Orange Pi One - Dont boot with last version

Daniel San

I have 2 boards for a long time, an Orange Pi One and Orange Pi PC... Have used armbian older versions for a long time, after almost an all year without using then i have downloaded and installed on both memory cards the new version 4.14 (last version on June 16). My Orange Pi PC is fine, works nice and smoth... But the Orange Pi One dont give me any light (red or green) on the board!!! I tryed to use the OS for PC on the One and its give me green light but dont give video signal...

To test the board itself, downloaded and tested a few other OS, from Orange Pi site... And all other OSs from there worked just fine on my One... Turned on leds and give me video signal just fine... But with the armbian version, nothing... dead as a rock!

Armbian Orange Pi One (v 4.14) - dont turn on, not even Red or Green led, like dead!

Armbian Orange Pi PC on One (v4.14) - Turn Green Led on, but dont get screen!

ArchLinux - Works normal with Red Led on

Lubuntu Vivid - Works normal with Red Led on

Slakware 14.1 - Red Led and message: [ARISC WARING] :callback not install - [cpu_freq] ERR:set cpu frequency to 1536MHz failed!

Fedora 22 - Works Normal with Red Led on

Raspberry mod to OPI PC 0.8 - Red Led and message: [ARISC WARING] :callback not install - [cpu_freq] ERR:set cpu frequency to 1536MHz failed!

LEDs and perhaps incompatible monitor are not a proper tool for diagnostic. Again a lot of time was wasted and we don't know anything specifics. Armbian uses mainline u-boot and modern kernel and all others use the same, one and only stock u-boot with old kernel since there are no other options. Your problems are below the operating system. Get a serial console and check Armbian Stretch for One (the exact image which I test and it's 100% working for me) and one other which uses stock firmware.

When we will see the actual serial console output, we might know why this problem exists. Also use other SD card .., etc. 

This image would also be worth trying: https://dl.armbian.com/orangepione/Ubuntu_bionic_dev_nightly.7z It has most recent u-boot 2018.03 and kernel 4.17.y