Problems with bluetooth on Armbian(Ubuntu 16.04 server)

Dear Armbian community, 

I'm trying to make a minimal size Armbian image ( Ubuntu 16.04 with default kernel). Build system works great, but when I'm building the system without GUI (Image wit console interface "server")  a bluetooth system doesn't work. I tried to build same system with same configs, but set "Image with desktop environment". In this case bluetooth system works great. 

I tried to solve this problem by myself, but..... It seems like I can not fix it. So, why I'm thinking that bluetooth system doesn't work.

1. When I'm using bluetoothctl list it is void output.
  2. hciconfig -a void output

I tried to start systemctl start bluetooth and after that systemctl status bluetooth, it shows that a bluetooth service works fine and everything ok.

I hope you will help me!

Kind regards

4 minutes ago, BreadLee said:

a bluetooth system doesn't work

That's normal. It's not installed on CLI images. You need to install it on your own. Automated with:
https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_User-Configurations/#user-provided-image-customization-script

manual with armbian-config

6 minutes ago, BreadLee said:

I tried to start systemctl start bluetooth and after that systemctl status bluetooth, it shows that a bluetooth service works fine and everything ok.

Bluetooth components are missing. I think you only need this:

apt-get -y --no-install-recommends install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth blueman

35 minutes ago, Igor said:

Bluetooth components are missing. I think you only need this:

apt-get -y --no-install-recommends install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth blueman

Dear Igor,

Thank you for your reply. I installed everything, but same problem no bluetooth controllers available in the system... May you guess what's wrong with my system?

11 minutes ago, BreadLee said:

May you guess what's wrong with my system?

Then your drivers are not present, BT chip is not powered on, was not (properly) initialized, ... BT is not enabled on all boards/kernel combo yet. If that is the problem, you need to dig in ...

2 minutes ago, Igor said:

Then your drivers are not present, BT chip is not powered on, was not (properly) initialized, ... BT is not enabled on all boards/kernel combo yet. If that is the problem, you need to dig in ...

Ohhh, I see! Thank you! I will continue my work...

Kind regards

You didn't tell what BT device you use and what usage you intend to do with BT.

The BT chips on board (AP6212 for example) need an "hciattach" process - sometimes tricky with the init system. USB dongle need not.

You probably will need a bluetoothd process (and check that it does not put your "hci0" device down). And then you will need the dbus running (and configured) -- even if BT is the only app needing that sort of thing on a "minimal system".

9 hours ago, arox said:

You probably will need a bluetoothd process (and check that it does not put your "hci0" device down). And then you will need the dbus running (and configured) -- even if BT is the only app needing that sort of thing on a "minimal system".

Thank you for your reply! Actually @Igor was right. Yesterday I installed all packages that he advised, but it seemed that nothing changed. Today after board powering everything works great.... I think, that yesterday I didn't reboot board. Also this script ( from Armbian git) helped me a lot. 

Thank you @arox and @Igor

Best wishes