14 14
mindee

NanoPI M4

2 hours ago, mio75 said:

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

Not sure it is related to your Domoticz crash but if i recall correctly the "warning" message is related to Wifi and should be harmless.

There was a patch to fix that and i think the message is due to the missing password or wrong password to connect to wifi.

BUT if you were connected to wifi before the crash you could try running without wifi configured and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:19 PM, @lex said:

Not sure it is related to your Domoticz crash but if i recall correctly the "warning" message is related to Wifi and should be harmless.

There was a patch to fix that and i think the message is due to the missing password or wrong password to connect to wifi.

BUT if you were connected to wifi before the crash you could try running without wifi configured and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for writing back :)

I have tried now to disable wifi (I only use 1G eth), to see if that helps...

Does anybody know if the Friendlyarm dist. has same issue?

When is that patch included in Armbian build?

THANKS!

6 hours ago, mio75 said:

Does anybody know if the Friendlyarm dist. has same issue?

Yes, it does have the same issue.

This harmless annoying warning message just halted my NanoPi M4 in a matter of 24 hrs in idle mode. Flooded 5 GB of data and kernel was stalled on next day.

That's why i thought this info could help.

I would not waste time on this issue, make sure you disable wlan completely and watch for the message, it should not appears, clean up your SD card and run domoticz.

If this fix your crash then you should hunt for the fix.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:59 PM, @lex said:

Yes, it does have the same issue.

This harmless annoying warning message just halted my NanoPi M4 in a matter of 24 hrs in idle mode. Flooded 5 GB of data and kernel was stalled on next day.

That's why i thought this info could help.

I would not waste time on this issue, make sure you disable wlan completely and watch for the message, it should not appears, clean up your SD card and run domoticz.

If this fix your crash then you should hunt for the fix.

Hi @lex,

MANY thanks for the info - much appreciated!

I have been running with wlan disabled and powered-down for a few days now, and so far no warnings/errors *fingers crossed*

So even though it's only warnings and should be harmless it fills logs and halts other important tasks - we will have to see if it is indeed the problem causing Domoticz to crash...

I hope somebody commits a fix for this...

/M

Hello.

I would like to know if it is possible to access the 2x pcie missing on the nanopi-m4?
Are the 4 USB 3.0 ports independent or 2x2 or all on the same hub?
The usb type C is it OTG?

Do you have a release date for the hat sata?
It is very very interesting! (Currently I use the 2 socket 2.0 USB port).

Thanks for the answers !

Hi, I have issues with external hard drives. First and foremost, I have a proper power supply and a proper cable. In fact, tried several of them. I have a 3a and a 4.2a charger and really, really good cables.

Now.

1 time out of 3 when I issue a reboot command the USB hard disk is not "seen" on reboot. The device /dev/sd* doesn't exist. Even if I unplug the drive and plug it back, nothing. I have to issue a poweroff command and unplug the power supply and plug it back for the hard drive to show up on reboot.

I have 3 ext4 hard drives, all show the same behaviour. (the 3 are not plugged at the same time).

So to repeat the bug: on reboot the hard disk is not seen by the os 1 out of 3 times. Unplugging and plugging it back doesn't help, I have to completely unplug the NanoPi and plug it back to see the HD again.

Once in a while also during normal operations, the hard drive will vanish, much like described by @datajerk on nov 9. I have the same issue as him. He also tried multiple power sources and cables, even powering his board through headers and everyone here said it was a power issue. I don't think it is, you just have to reboot a couple of times to see that the drive will get lost.

I didn't tried the FriendlyElec distro to see if it exibits the same behaviour. Pretty much happening on every version of Armbian I tried, even the latest kernel in nightly.

Thanks for your help!

(I have the 4GB board)

I have exactly the same problem with a usb 3.0 stick (64 go sandisk) and a usb 3.0 SSD. Unable to retrieve the port without disconnecting the power supply. By cons I have a USB keyboard that has no problem.

9 hours ago, dragonlost said:

I have exactly the same problem with a usb 3.0 stick (64 go sandisk) and a usb 3.0 SSD. Unable to retrieve the port without disconnecting the power supply. By cons I have a USB keyboard that has no problem.

The good news is the official FriendlyElec distro doesn't have this problem so it is not hardware related. The bad news (for me) is the FriendlyElec distro doesn't have the overlay module in the kernel so I have trouble setting up the latest Docker version. The kernel is also not great and I have problems with apt sometimes.

I like Armbian but I bought the M4 for a NAS solution so it doesn't work :(

Good afternoon, dear forum members. I have long had a question about the operation of the PCI-e bus on the M4 card. Who tried to use it?

I have an adapter with a PCI-e x1 to PCI-e x16, one that uses a USB 3.0 cable.

Theoretically, you need to take 6 pins from the M4 board - PCIE_RX0_P + PCIE_RX0_N + PCIE_REF_CLKP + PCIE_REF_CLKN + PCIE_TX0P + PCIE_TX0N - is this correct?

Will there be support for dannyo tires in Armbian? After all, the hat "M4 sata hat" obviously on the way.

I also want to connect for example a network card with a PCIe bus or a modem on the same bus.

Riser_1.jpg

Riser_2.jpg

@datajerk @dragonlost

Good news. I wrote previously that I had problems with USB drives connected. The issues seems to have been resolved. I just installed a fresh install of Armbian 5.75 (4.4.174).

No matter how much I rebooted and worked with the unit, the usb hard drive always was present.

OTOH it seems the bluetooth service can't start. I don't mind since I am not using it, but here an armbianmonitor -u output: http://ix.io/1BA5

Here's the systemctl status nanopi-bluetooth.service output:

● nanopi-bluetooth.service - Bluetooth nanopi
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nanopi-bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2019-02-20 16:24:13 +01; 4min 36s ago
  Process: 812 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hciattach /dev/ttyS0 bcm43xx 115200 > /dev/null (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
  Process: 800 ExecStartPre=/bin/echo 1 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      CPU: 10ms

Feb 20 16:24:13 m4a systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth nanopi...
Feb 20 16:24:13 m4a echo[800]: 1 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
Feb 20 16:24:13 m4a systemd[1]: nanopi-bluetooth.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=203
Feb 20 16:24:13 m4a systemd[1]: Failed to start Bluetooth nanopi.
Feb 20 16:24:13 m4a systemd[1]: nanopi-bluetooth.service: Unit entered failed state.
Feb 20 16:24:13 m4a systemd[1]: nanopi-bluetooth.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Let me know if you need anything else.