NanoPI NEO2 power issue

akr16

Hi,

I recently got a NanoPI NEO2 v1.0. I am able to load the Linux images using SD card and login using debug UART. But I am facing a strange issue where I need to disconnect USB power AND debug UART GND to switch off/on the board. I am using PL2303 UART module and connected the Tx, Rx and GND (verified using board diagram in wiki). Basically to completely reset the board, I also need to disconnect the UART GND. Is this expected? The LED is always on from beginning of boot till UART GND is disconnected (on even with USB power off).

I have also verified that the board boots up only using UART 5V and without USB power, but I would to continue using USB power.

Thanks,

- Arun

4 hours ago, akr16 said:

I need to disconnect USB power AND debug UART GND to switch off/on the board. I am using PL2303 UART module and connected the Tx, Rx and GND (verified using board diagram in wiki).

I have also verified that the board boots up only using UART 5V and without USB power, but I would to continue using USB power.

normally it should only powered via UART when you connect VCC/5V and GND  - but with only RX,TX,GND it shouldnt power from the UART.

It does power with the "original" UART from FrienlyElec because there is 5V connected...but here at my OPi Zero2 Plus H5 the SBC wouldnt be powered from the CP2102-UART (RX,TX and GND)

Thanks! Comparing the schematic of ver 1.0 and 1.1, there are resistors in Tx and Rx line of UART in ver 1.1 which are not present in ver 1.0. Perhaps, that could be the reason.