Orange Pi One - adding USB, analog audio out, TV out, mic and IR receiver

I've managed to solder AV-OUT, Audio Out and Mic In to the solder points. AV and audio out work without problem but Mic In has noise on output. I've tested all point (Positive, Negative and Bias) but all of them has  noise on output even with my designed Pre-amp.

With OrangePi Mini2 I solder the pre-amp to mic pins and there is no noise. Is there any difference between solder points on mini2 microphone on board and solder points on Opi ONE ?

Can you please tell me what's wrong and the correct way to plug a microphone to the board ? 

Can you please give me the block diagram for audio out,TV out and mute for Orange pi LIte , i can solder from LIneOutR,LineOutL,TVout,Mute but i don't know where to connect in GIPO port for another lead 

I've managed to solder AV-OUT, Audio Out and Mic In to the solder points. AV and audio out work without problem but Mic In has noise on output. I've tested all point (Positive, Negative and Bias) but all of them has  noise on output even with my designed Pre-amp.

With OrangePi Mini2 I solder the pre-amp to mic pins and there is no noise. Is there any difference between solder points on mini2 microphone on board and solder points on Opi ONE ?

Can you please tell me what's wrong and the correct way to plug a microphone to the board ? 

How have you managed to get av-out to work? ive hooked up the correct wires and get no image...

Any software changes needed to get the tv-out to work?

Hi guys , i'm about to make the av out mod on my opi-lite, and i have a question , because i want to use it as an " gaming console" and the hdmi output on my board always produce out of frame image , so i give it a try on AV , the main question is , tv out will work rightaway , or i need to make changes in config files ? I will be using retrorange pi 3 os. Soldering is not a problem for me , but i want to make sure if worth it.

In android i could adjust screens size to fit my tv screen , but armbian cant do this , i have 720p tv.

Waiting your good news :) cheers. 

Hi,

is it possible to connect a TSOP4838 to a orange pi one via GPIO?

If yes, whitch Pin i have to use.

Thanks

[solved]

I didn`t read Post #12, sorry...

Edited by MacBreaker
Merged here - seems like TSOP4838 is a IR receiver

How have you managed to get av-out to work? ive hooked up the correct wires and get no image...

Any software changes needed to get the tv-out to work?

I use the Orange PI extension with AV out but cannot manage how to get AV out to my Tivi. Any one can help?

Has anyone actually soldered onto these points to get the extra usb ports?  I couldn't even see the points clearly without a magnifier so it's clearly out of my league.  Love the idea, but a hobbyist has got to know their limitations.

On 7/8/2016 at 5:58 AM, T_B said:

I found the whole soldering action to the test points way to iffy. Alternative idea: Using pogo-pins on a proto board with 40 pin female header - provides the necessary pressure and long term stability as well as +5V and GND. Here used with OPi lite to add an extra USB port for "internal" bluetooth. On the Opi Lite, the test point closer to the CPU is USB D-. If I had a 3D printer, it could also look nicer as the holes for the pogo pins could be more precise :-). Thanks to the Armbian team for including bluetooth drivers in the distro - the whole thing works like a charm.

post-1607-0-15211900-1467971769_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-28211300-1467971764_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-53871300-1467971759_thumb.jpg

Pogo with proto to do BT USB is  a great idea !

For the OPi Lite:

1. Does CVBS (TVout) have pins on the 40 pin header?

2.  Is the MIC also a speaker?

3. AliExpress link for working BT dongle and pogo-proto board?

On 5/20/2017 at 6:29 AM, Igor said:

Here are cheaper BT dongles x2 for $4.96. Shipped 2 days Prime, and work well with Toshiba BT driver premium (Win7) or Ubuntu:

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Bluetooth-Wireless-Adapter-Bluetoothx2/dp/B003VX3S3Y/ref=sr_1_55?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495276522&sr=1-55&keywords=bluetooth+dongle

The $2 expansion board Zero MIC is also a speaker, so I wated to know about MICs on the mothebroard for other models- they all look the same.

Edited by shippy
Updated MIC info

You will always find cheaper, Amazon Prime - it depend where you live ... My recommendation is more recent, compatible up to BT4.0 CSR, I use it for testing Armbian desktop and so far this dongle worked everywhere - I could attach and use headsets, keyboard, mobile, mouse, ... If they say it works on Linux, this doesn't necessarily mean it will work on our boards. If it works well on Windows, it tells nothing.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:47 AM, Igor said:

You will always find cheaper, Amazon Prime - it depend where you live ... My recommendation is more recent, compatible up to BT4.0 CSR, I use it for testing Armbian desktop and so far this dongle worked everywhere - I could attach and use headsets, keyboard, mobile, mouse, ... If they say it works on Linux, this doesn't necessarily mean it will work on our boards. If it works well on Windows, it tells nothing.

Thanks, noted :)

Edited by shippy
Moved BT remote question to New Topic.

RE: Attaching to CVBS pads on the Lite?

OK, from @cbm801 on Page 1, I can see TVout and LIneOut L/R on PC front/ One back.

On the Lite, I did locate, on the back, the TVout and MUTE in the same place as for One.

The LineOut L/R, on the Lite front, however are not to the left of the left corner of H3 , but instead to the left of the top corner of H3, below the 2R2 label.

A. So TVout is the Video output and LineOut L/R are audio outputs for the RCA cable ?

B. I am assuming above pads can be directly attached to the RCA cable, no additional parts required?

C. Pads are definitely really tiny, testament to Xunlong design ;) Any non-soldering attachment trick here?

On 6.9.2016 at 9:04 AM, WarHawk_AVG said:

Pam8403 board (class D so no real heat generated, but 3 watt stereo amplifier, and runs on 5vdc

I have one of those. Can I just solder it to the pads on the board or do I need to put some components in between?

Hi everyone, I've just tried doing the audio out mod on my Orange Pi One. Here are my observations:

1. The solder points are tiny, but if you have the right equipment (fine point soldering iron, fine solder wire) and a steady hand you can do it without much problem.

2. The output is powerful enough to drive headphones directly (the volume isn't very high, but it works).

3. You don't need the extra components (resistors, capacitors) to do this mod BUT if you plan on using an external amplifier, you should. These components form a simple high-pass filter. The output is DC biased, which means your amplifier will waste power and potentially overheat your speakers if you don't filter it out.

4. You can use the HDMI port shield or the SD card shield for the ground.

5. I connected the wires in reverse (left to right, right to left), so I had to swap the channels in software :).

594592ed727dd_2017-06-1722_32_17.thumb.jpg.b9a0ec4f3a4957d4190df0df11ddab5b.jpg

• Igor unpinned this topic

this thread is old but funny, has any one else found any more innovative ways to solder to those incredible small pads? i'm not sure if there are guinness records for extreme soldering skills, from that photo posted earlier those pads are closer than 0.5mm / 19 mils apart from an adjacent conductor / part, it ins't really about getting that opi pc for a couple $ more, but that being able to do this amounts to a '3d smd extreme soldering' endeavour :D