solved:XU4 running Bionic will not recognize panel clock prefs

SamuraiCrow

Hello!

In the process of setting up the settings in my new Armbian Bionic install on a 16 GByte installed MicroSD, I tried to set the clock preferences in the XFCE4 but as soon as I close the preferences application, it reverts to an invalid state and the clock disappears.  It wasn't a fresh MicroSD and I'm concerned that it's trying to "save on a bad sector" or something when I set up the preferences.  Is there a way I can test for the possibility that my MicroSD is wearing out?  The power supply I'm using came with the board and has been adequate for all other OS uses.  It may just be a file permission bug or something needing a "sudo".  Either way, I'm concerned.

edit:  Testing the MicroSD now.

edit2:  Nevermind.  Damaged MicroSD card.

Ok.  I've reinstalled with a factory-new SanDisk MicroSD.  The clock is still acting up.  When I specify all the fields, I get a blank panel item.  When I specify %r from the clock display it works but shows the wrong time zone, even though the timezone field very clearly says MDT.  This may be a bug in the panel app.  I'll check at XFCE and see if they have a known bug filed.

edit:  It appears to have been fixed on XUbuntu.  Bug report seems relevant:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfpanel-switch/+bug/1765565

workaround:

1. When the preview is showing in the panel preferences app correctly, copy ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml to another file or load it into an XML editor such as Geany.
  2. Exit the panel preferences.
  3. Save the file over the top of the corrupted one written by the preferences program.
  4. Reboot.

• SamuraiCrow changed the title to solved:XU4 running Bionic will not recognize panel clock prefs