0
Aurélio Radioamador

Orange Pi Zero+ (Problem With Onboard Soundcard)

Recommended Posts

Hi Dear Friends!

I'm having trouble using the onboard analog soundcard from my OrangePi Zero +. I already enabled analog-in in armbian-config, but when I try to run some application that uses the sound card, it has an error.

 

In this example I'm trying to use the direwolf app that serves to decode FSK audio.

The error also repeats when I try to use svxlink.

Captura de tela de 2018-06-27 15:48:30.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, guidol said:

Did you see your analog soundcard at

aplay -l

 

Did you create a /etc/asound.conf for the default soundcard?

 

Yes, but the audio does not work.

 

On my orange zero pi I had this problem I managed to solve using Armbian 5.30. But you do not have the Armbian 5.30 for Orange PI Zero Plus. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, guidol said:

Thank for anwser , Mr. Guidol.
But version 5.46 does not work analog-codec.
:(
On my Orange Pi Zero it was that way too. With the new version did not work the analog-codec, but with the old version 5.30 worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Aurélio Radioamador said:

Thank for anwser , Mr. Guidol.
But version 5.46 does not work analog-codec.
:(

Must be a specific problem of the Zero+

because on the normal OPi Zero and Zero Plus H5 I didnt got problems with analog-audio

root@opi-zero-plus-h5(192.168.6.98):~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Codec [H3 Audio Codec], device 0: CDC PCM Codec-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0


/etc/asound.conf:

pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 0
}

ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
}

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.46 testing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 4.14.48-sunxi64

Linux opi-zero-plus-h5 4.14.48-sunxi64 #14 SMP Thu Jun 7 11:34:46 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
 

Test with espeak:
espeak -w /tmp/espeak.wav -s150 "Hello how are you today?"; aplay -D plughw:0,0 /tmp/espeak.wav 2>/dev/null

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Did you loaded the analog-codec overlay ?

Did you loaded the analog-codec overlay ?

Hi Mr martin,

I enabled analog-codec in armbian-config and i create asound.conf ...

Should I do something else?

Thanks reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Did you loaded the analog-codec overlay ?

Did you loaded the analog-codec overlay ?

Hi Mr martin,

I enabled analog-codec in armbian-config and i create asound.conf ...

Should I do something else?

Thanks reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, guidol said:

Test with espeak:
espeak -w /tmp/espeak.wav -s150 "Hello how are you today?"; aplay -D plughw:0,0 /tmp/espeak.wav 2>/dev/null

  

 And analog input ? You do test If work? Here not work input and output ..

My board is Orange Pi zero plus and armbian 5.46 debian ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!!! I'm very very very happy..

 

Problem solved.

 

For Mainline, do this

 1) alsamixer

2) press TAB (Make sure it falls to F4: CAPTURE)

3) Move to Mic1 (Use arrow keys)

4) Press SPACE and (L R Capture will appear)

 

I just needed to enable LINE IN on alxamixer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 4:33 PM, guidol said:

Must be a specific problem of the Zero+

because on the normal OPi Zero and Zero Plus H5 I didnt got problems with analog-audio


root@opi-zero-plus-h5(192.168.6.98):~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Codec [H3 Audio Codec], device 0: CDC PCM Codec-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0


/etc/asound.conf:

pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 0
}

ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
}

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.46 testing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 4.14.48-sunxi64

Linux opi-zero-plus-h5 4.14.48-sunxi64 #14 SMP Thu Jun 7 11:34:46 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
 

Test with espeak:
espeak -w /tmp/espeak.wav -s150 "Hello how are you today?"; aplay -D plughw:0,0 /tmp/espeak.wav 2>/dev/null

 

Hello:

 

I' have a orange pi zero with stretch so, and always I use ESPEAK, but now show me the next error:

JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock

And it sounds bad!! really bad!

What's wrong between espeak and stretch???

 

Regards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sounds espeak like on every other computer.

I do redirecting the "errors" via 2>/dev/null

out of sight ;)

Do you use the expansion-pcb or only wires for conncting to the audio pins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use expansion-pcb, but another OPZ I can only run it with sudo. What's wrong?? Stretch works fine, but don't for espeak-ng! It does not sound good espeak-ng.

 

thanks for your answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0