Building a jukebox with USB-Sound, Wlan AP and 7" lcd

R_E_Nash

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up a system as musicjukebox supporting

-MPD

-USB Audio

-WlanAP

-7"Display

With the Raspbian Image of banana-pi(dot)org with Kernel 3.3 lcd works but usb-sound not.

With kernel 4.2 it is the other way around. The support is very bad in my opinion, so I'm looking somewhere else.

Is armbian able to satisfy my needs? Or do I have to do much compiling/programming, which would be all new to me as a linux beginner...

Regards

Andre

Hello,

yesterday I tried the Trusty Distro in order to find out, if armbian could be an alternative. It seemed not to be so. Installing the distro, updating und upgrading the system, left me with "no soundcard" messages.

lsusb found vid and pid of the attached usb-soundcard but, in difference to raspbian aplay -l and cat /proc/asound/cards didn't show it at all.

Also the lcd display I attached was not recognized by the system as far as I can see.

Desperate greetings

Andre

This is the most what you will get out from this board. Manufacturer support is virtually non existing, those chips are not manufacturing any more and community is not interested to work much on this hardware. :mellow:

We are using mainline kernel (www.kernel.org) for this board since it's the only opensource, properly and stable working one. It lack of multimedia features, yes. They might become available, LCD certainly not. LCD is possible to attach but not without extra development - you need manual, hardware, time and support.

Our image is user reproducible - you can add/remove things from kernel or image, you can build it yourself. You can fix, hack or add the drivers if you have the knowledge. 

You can try with Sinoviop and theirs old and buggy Android kernel based distributions (Lubuntu, Rasbian, Debian, ...) , but you will quickly find out you are wasting time. Community already provide much better support than board maker.

This is sad!

As I said, I'm not deep into Linux at all, just following howtos and other detailed instructions trying to make some individual changes logically.

Nevertheless thanx to your detailed but depressing answer!

Regards

Andre