Enable GPIO for UART3/7 and I2C on banana pi armbian 5.25

inaciose

Hi!

Im running armbian 5.25 on a banana pi.

And i cant found a way to enable gpio on in. In armbian 5.31, there is an option on the armbian-config to do it. On 5.25 i cant find it. 

Anyone could help me enabling GPIO for UART3, UART7 and I2C?

Thanks

Sergio

2 hours ago, Igor said:

First type: 

armbianmonitor -u

that we have a bigger picture.

Thanks for your reply, but when execute that command I got the error bellow from your server.

So in order to give the info you request I attach the file to this post.

Thank you!

Sergio

Last login: Sun Jul  8 20:18:08 2018 from 192.168.1.100
root@dami:~# armbianmonitor -u
/var/log/armhwinfo.log has been uploaded to <html>
 <head>
  <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
 </head>
 <body>
  <h1>500 Internal Server Error</h1>
  The server has either erred or is incapable of performing the requested operation.<br /><br />

</body>
</html>

armhwinfo.log

That is a very old kernel and I don't recall if we had this at the time and most recent armbian-config, where those features are manipulated with a menu-driven utility.

Upgrade to the latest version.

Thank you for your reply. Yes it is old. Unfortunately in the banana pi the last usable kernels are the 4.9 and 4.11, and I’m using 4.9, because an WiFi dongle that crash’s the 4.11. If you tell to upgrade to the Last version of armbian thats not an option it have  a kernel that it is not stable on banana pi. If it is upgrading the armbian-config I didn’t find a way, and after reading your link I believe it will not works because overlays need the armbian 5.30 and I have 5.25. So... I’m thinking it’s easy to find a compatible WiFi dongle and use the Armbian 5.31 that have kernel 4.11.

1 hour ago, inaciose said:

I’m thinking it’s easy

Those old kernels are mostly EOL which means there is little to no help in case of troubles. There are certainly some dongles that work out of the box but there are little people who know that.

If it is upgrading the armbian-config I didn’t find a way,

I don't recall the state of the system/armbian-config on old images. You could at least keep those packages updated since they are kernel irrelevant.

the banana pi the last usable kernels are the 4.9 and 4.11

I hard about and it looks like 4.17.y -> should be stable again ... it is worth trying and better than idling on that old kernel. Get the latest image with NEXT kernel (4.14.y) and switch to nightly build with armbian-config or manually.

On 7/12/2018 at 1:00 PM, Igor said:

I hard about and it looks like 4.17.y -> should be stable again ... it is worth trying and better than idling on that old kernel. Get the latest image with NEXT kernel (4.14.y) and switch to nightly build with armbian-config or manually.

I've done a mistake and switch to dev instead of nightly build, and i notice that the armbian-config lost the hardware configuration.

It boot kernel 4.15 and its complaining about missing overlays. I belive that are the overlays regarding the i2c and uart i'v selected in armbian-config before switching to dev.

Does the nightly  build also misses the hardware configuration in armbian-config?