Pine64 no network

Vin

Hello everbody,

thank you very much for your comprehensive answers and letting me know that the issue is caused by an EOL fact.

So i changed to the recommended builds, but unfortunately it seems that none of it is bootable, or useable, neither Xenial, nor jessie, not even the newest bionic.

Is there some sort of general problem that makes those builds unbootlable?

Jessie

IMG_20180715_160933.thumb.jpg.eb905f3f87e1a03b0493ca15293e505b.jpg

Xenial

IMG_20180715_161710.thumb.jpg.76207892a40ea0df8384abb144ba0ef0.jpg

On 7/14/2018 at 12:07 PM, Igor said:

for

Your first screenshot shows "fs_devread read error" followed by "File not found" ...

This means that your image on SDCard was badly written !

Make sure you use Etcher to write images and don't use crappy sdcards ...

45 minutes ago, Vin said:

Is there some sort of general problem that makes those builds unbootlable?

18 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Your first screenshot show

I think U-boot 2018.07 RC1 was never used on stable/supported builds. This is automated nightly or user built ... 

4 hours ago, martinayotte said:

Your first screenshot shows "fs_devread read error" followed by "File not found" ...

This means that your image on SDCard was badly written !

Make sure you use Etcher to write images and don't use crappy sdcards ...

Using etcher 1.4.4, also tried win32diskimager and SD card is a Samsung Evo Plus

Tried again all the Images from Ubuntu and Debian, still no success

Regarding the automated nightly or user built, i took that picture off a freshly installed image, havent switched the kernel, or the built to nightly, since it was never starting in the first place

Double checked all the Images with another SD card (SanDisk), still no success

1 hour ago, Vin said:

anybody an idea?

also the xenial image isn´t booting up ethernet and showes the call trace message

Problems with a network are known on this board. Sometimes helps to switch to 100Mb port or using other cables ... make sure you read all text at the download page.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:25 PM, Vin said:

Regarding the automated nightly or user built, i took that picture off a freshly installed image, havent switched the kernel, or the built to nightly

C'mon. You're using a nightly built! These are unsupported for a reason. Period.

You show a screenshot with u-boot 2018.07 so requirement is an image built after June 2018 while all our stable images are from January or earlier: https://dl.armbian.com/pine64/archive/

Start over from scratch this time reading, understanding and following our documentation: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/

8 hours ago, carver said:

a similar problem on orange pi win plus

Nope. Igor mentioned problems that affected a few batches of Pine64 that are related to the Gigabit Ethernet PHY on the board and require to set some undocumented bits adjusting registers in the PHY. How should another A64 board be affected by that?

Assumed there was a hardwareproblem with the Pine64 board and decided to buy a newer Rock64, having similar problems with the provided stable  images, doesnt seem to boot up, also bought a new SD Card.