rock64 rk3328 4gb ram faster than orange pi one?

renky

rock64 rk3328

orange pi one

Can the rock64 rk3328 run several programs simultaneously? Browse internet with little latency?

When I tested orange pi one youtube would stutter.

Thank you.

While I have not used an Orange pi, my Rock 64 runs several 'programs' simultaneously and well. However it doesn't yet appear to have hardware acceleration for its Mali GPU, in Armbian, unless I am missing something. 

On 7/21/2018 at 12:02 PM, renky said:

Can the rock64 rk3328 run several programs simultaneously?

Sure. 'Browsing the web' especially if video is involved is something entirely different since this needs either really beefy CPU cores or an engine where this stuff can be offloaded to (so called 'video engine' or VPU).

Situation is different on every single ARM platform and this is not related to GPU (check this link and the references there to get the difference).

With Armbian legacy images for H3 boards it's possible to watch video HW accelerated since 2 years. But this only works in mpv, smplayer or smtube. Not in any browser today. Situation with Rockchip? Neither know nor care since never attached a display to any RK device lying around :)

doesn't yet appear to have hardware acceleration for its Mali GPU, in

Has the rk3328 and rock64 got free vpu software now cf tkaiser's link?

What about the rk3399 and rk3288?

15 hours ago, renky said:

What about the rk3399 and rk3288? 

Based on my previous experience, rk3399 can handle 1080p 30fps YouTube h264/vp9 video in chromium browser even without any hardware decoding or GPU present. A properly configured X11+DRI2 desktop would be sufficient. But the CPU's SIMD units are at full load and you'll definitely need a fan, or it will overheat and throttle the frequency.