Sunvell T95Z Plus - Few questions (video/net/remote)

daw0lverine

Hello

First of all, amazing project overall, it's incredible to see what we can do already.

I have Armbian running on a Sunvell T95Z Plus (3gb RAM, 32GB storage) and it's working fine overall, there just seem to be a few things that could be better and I would need to help to progress :

- The video driver doesn't seem to be optimized, playing a video, kodi or youtube shows a lot of tearing.

My dtb is t95z-le9-dtb.img

My distribution is Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_3.14.29_mate_20180721.img

I got both of them from scouring the forum. How can I update the video driver to the latest or most adequate one ?

- The network card seems to be limited to 100mbits, whereas I believe it is a 1gbits, any way to update ?

- Finally, I also tried LibreElec which doesn't have any video problem and allows me to use the remote thanks to a remote.conf file, how would I set up and use the remote on Armbian ?

Thanks in advance !

34 minutes ago, daw0lverine said:

Thanks unfortunately the file URL is 404'd, do you still have it by any chance ?

Sorry - you dont have to download this file.

I used the files which where already onto my disk of the box after installing armbian:
/lib/firmware/brcm/fw_bcm40183b2.bin

and

/lib/firmware/brcm/nvram_ap6330.txt

but you have to check if your T95Z also has a ap6330 , because some seem to have a LTM8830  or other WiFi Chips:
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/624055-t95z-plus-disassembled-wifi-issue-warning-wifi-chip-is-not-ap6330-but-ltm8830

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/vontar/firmware-roms-aa/627174-rom-custom-sunvell-t95z-plus-amlogic-s912-with-9377-wifi-chip/page3

6 hours ago, daw0lverine said:

And if it is ap6330 how to fix the issue afterwards ?

if your T95Z Plus got a ap6330 you can try to use eth0 after these 2 commands (until the next reboot) :

modprobe cfg80211
modprobe dhd firmware_path=/lib/firmware/brcm/fw_bcm40183b2.bin nvram_path=/lib/firmware/brcm/nvram_ap6330.txt