Jtag support in Orange PI 2g/3g/4g IOT boards

tarkshya

Hello Friends,

Is anyone aware of jtag support on orangepi 2g/3g/4g iot boards. Looking at the schematics, i could find the tms/tdi etc pins (for 2g/3g/4g iot), but they seem to be not connected to any gpio or other headers. Kindly correct me if wrong. I know these have UART,  but am specifically looking for some jtag access.

Thanks

Tarkshya

Its for writing some custom firmware,  like say if i want to write a custom driver for the 3g/2g module  or write a custom USB/camera/display driver (ofcourse will have its own scheduler and all that OS type stuff for supporting the driver). JTAG would allow firmware/driver debugging. Again, no linux or a similar device framework is involved here., essentially a baremetal framework with OS like low level supporting features.

My understanding is that most SoCs have it, only they (manufacturers of SBCs) don't expose it. For e.g. all orangepi h3 boards have it, likewise raspberry pi, cubieboard, udoo, wandboard etc. these boards have functional jtag pins.

Right, if you look at H3 Datasheet, the JTAG pins are available as "function 3" of the GPIO PA0/PA1/PA2/PA3, but you have to switch those to "function 3" first.

But the only datasheet that could be found for RDA8810 has only 9 pages, no details about "gpio mux functions" ...

EDIT : After more searches, RDA8810 datasheet could be found there : https://mega.nz/#!aFA1UAQA!u0taB0ze4dOo76k6nZ6Di2iAtgShJ-ekkCl8uMMzF10

It has the JTAG pins, but not sure if available on headers ...

i checked the schematics for opi 2G, couldn't find any connections there 3g/4g versions are mtk based, their datasheets too mention jtag, but nothing in the schematics. Thought i might be missing something, hence this thread

On 1/12/2019 at 11:30 AM, xenpac said:

orange pi 4g-iot, This board looks interesting :-)  MT6737.

It's a closed board - they have an Android 6 that works, and an Android 8 that is very scary...

OrangePI did release a Linux image, but not very useful...

It's basically a low-end android phone without a screen