BananaPi - Console Output when using the LVDS LCD Display

sgei

Hi,

I have a BananaPi and BananaPi Pro connected to the Lemaker 7" TouchLCD.

When I boot the system, I can't see any console output. I only see a flashing cursor in the left top corner and then it starts the X-window-manager.

What do I have to change to see the boot messags on my LVDS LCD?

I have tried to change the console=both value to tty0 or tty1 via armbian-config, but this doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Here is the output from cat /proc/cmdline:

root=UUID=e9635572-227e-485c-b76d-b4f0d6d34394 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 ubootpart=3c5d8b7c-01 ubootsource=mmc usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u   sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1

Steffen

22 hours ago, Igor said:

I think you need to remove this part.

Hi Igor,

I tried to change the value from "console=both" to "console=tty0", but when I try this with armbian-config there is no "console=" entry in /proc/cmdline anymore.

How can I remove "console=ttyS0,115200" ?

Steffen

On 8/8/2018 at 5:59 PM, sgei said:

I tried to change the value from "console=both" to "console=tty0", but when I try this with armbian-config there is no "console=" entry in /proc/cmdline anymore.

How can I remove "console=ttyS0,115200" ?

Observe how console parameter works: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/bootscripts/boot-sunxi.cmd#L31-L32

console=display > armbianEnv.txt