Nanopi Neo Core 2 LTS troubles

Andy

Hy

Just installed the Armbian Bionic image.

Tried to attach different usb devices but they did not got registered. So I tried to look at the settings under Hardware in

den armbian-config but it's gone.... I remember in the Armbian Stretch build it was Variable...

Can someone help me

image.png.a649eec3c3d4870eb871d4d4f4f488df.png

Andy

You are using nightly development build which is not supported. For a reason ... which is writen in red at first login.

Get non nightly image or switch to stable from armbian-config. Than this should work.

Wrote on mobile

but for my device there is nothing else then nightly build versions... (Nanopi Neo Core 2 LTS)

And before (3 months ago) I used the Armbian Stretch which worked but was not based on Ubuntu...

Or which one should I use for my Core 2 with EMMC support...

image.thumb.png.f9066a353931b6cda2f21d586a0ecdf9.png

38 minutes ago, Andy said:

but for my device there is nothing else then nightly build versions... (Nanopi Neo Core 2 LTS)

I didn't know for which device this was about until now. (that's why we urge people to ALWAYS submit logs with armbianmonitor -u before opening an issue topic).

I could just make images, but:

- current kernel is 4.17.y and I would need to check if overlays are working fine. The problem which you have.

- I don't have this dock board to check if everything else there is working.

A few weeks ago @5kft added a separate configuration for this board. I just made an image which needs to be tested: https://dl.armbian.com/nanopineocore2/Debian_stretch_next.7z If things works, I'll made a switch on the download page.

• Igor changed the title to Nanopi Neo Core 2 LTS troubles
40 minutes ago, Andy said:

ok I did install the image and it works with the usb devices I currently need (USB FTDI Serial, USB 4G Modem)

Andy

This is great to hear!  Note that the NEO Core2 has an I2C-based CPU regulator, so I set the maximum CPU clock to 1.4GHz by default, which is a nice benefit.  With this board configuration it should work much better than with the NEO Plus2 build image :)

1 minute ago, 5kft said:

This is great to hear!  Note that the NEO Core2 has an I2C-based CPU regulator, so I set the maximum CPU clock to 1.4GHz by default, which is a nice benefit.  With this board configuration it should work much better than with the NEO Plus2 build image :)

Yes I already did realize that since my CPU usage is now down to 1-2% before it was more like 5 to 8% in "idle" mode

So can I now stay on this Image will I be able to update to further updates etc.?

Andy

On 8/9/2018 at 12:20 PM, Andy said:

So can I now stay on this Image will I be able to update to further updates etc.?

Andy

Debian should update fine as-is; I would imagine that once this build target is added to the standard Armbian build process then you could upgrade to an official kernel build and they should subsequently upgrade as necessary as well.  (Personally I run using my own image builds rather than standard downloads.)

ok thx a lot

by the way where I can report a bug?

Armbianmonitor for displaying the network on a SINGLE line (-N) does not work. It does not stay on a single line it does scroll like the -n option

EDIT:

ok submitted the issue on GitHub

Andy