Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 5.x

balbes150

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

New version 5.62 (20181012). It fixed shutdown\reboot on S912.

I do not understand the question, specify what you mean.

You can find some useful information in this discussion.

... and other developers have started working on similar projects ...  ;)

Thanks to all who replied. While I get the gist of it all, seems to me to be too many moving parts to try. So I guess I'll just wait for future image drops here. What we have here is already working quite nicely for my purposes.

Hi,

Just for feedback, got problem with Logitech usb keyboard on 5.62. Keyboard not writes any character.

Works well on 5.27, 5.34 releases and on any android.

Box H96 Pro+.

Thank you for your work balbes.

EDIT : same on TEST 4.19.0 rc7

Just noticed that in uEnv.ini there is a line:

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-****.dtb

On my S905 box, seems that if I don't point this to the correct dtb, it won't boot. This on 5.60 USB image. I haven't managed to boot from sdcard yet.

16 hours ago, SilverC said:

Just for feedback, got problem with Logitech usb keyboard on 5.62. Keyboard not writes any character.

Works well on 5.27, 5.34 releases and on any android.

Box H96 Pro+.

Thank you for your work balbes.

EDIT : same on TEST 4.19.0 rc7 

What dtb do you use ? The system runs from an SD card ?

7 hours ago, amirul said:

Just noticed that in uEnv.ini there is a line:

On the previous page there is information about changes in rules for selecting the dtb (now I've added this info to the first page of a topic). There's also an answer to what there are options for changing the MAC address.

2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What dtb do you use ? The system runs from an SD card ?

On the previous page there is information about changes in rules for selecting the dtb (now I've added this info to the first page of a topic). There's also an answer to what there are options for changing the MAC address.

Thanks. Must have missed it on my first read through. All good now.

I put the img. Armbian_5.59_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_default_4.18.0_20180823.img  into a usb disc. and boot it successfully with my TV box.

I havenot flashed the emmc yet . Another word , I played with Armbian installed at the U-disc. However , when I tried to upload/download files to/from the box with tool "Xftp 5"  ( from NetSarang ) , the tool failed to connected to the box. The box and my pc are in the same local network ( 192.168.0.xxx )

Of course , the ssh service is good and I can log into the box with  tool "Xshell 5". Is the ftp service not avail. at the img. ?

Hi everyone,

I've been getting up to speed on this thread and the previous channel (kernel 3.14). I understand @balbes150 's instructions for using different dtb's. I have several Android TV boxes  that I'm trying out and I'd like to contribute the best I can, but I'm not so sure I have the best linux-compiling environment (building a kernel sounds like an arduous task, though I've never tried.)

I am particularly bent on getting WiFi to work on the 4.xx kernel for the x8 mini (which is very similar to the TX3-mini, whose dtb I have used.) It appears that the boot does not even attempt to initialize the drivers for my ssv6051 chip, even though I can see their config files in my /lib/firmware. On the 5.41 version of the firmware, it did work. Is this a simple fix? Can someone point me in the direction of how to recompile those 3.14 drivers for 4.18?

Perhaps an even more relevant question is: do I really need 4.18? I just want an OS optimized for my board and able to use wireless, Mali GPU, etc. I'm an image processing guy, so I'm making it do some intense things. Sometimes I associate the next major release as an optimization move...

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm trying to figure out if this build is working on a Beelink GT1 Ultimate ?

It has a S912.

I tried version 5.62 that I've found here but when it starts USB devices are not working (so no keyboard).

I can see the error : usb port 1 (or 2) connect-debounce failed

So I think it's because of that.

Is it supposed to work ?

Are there any other changes besides the different dtb method? On my mecool m8s pro +, these do not boot with /dtb-4.19.0-rc7-aml-s9xxx/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb .

The old 3.14 kernel versions do work, but no amcodec support. How to get HW playback?

Any suggestions?

Ver 5.64 (20181019)

For those who want to work on HW support on their own, there are two components on the site.

https://github.com/superna9999/meson_gx_mali_450

1. Module "mali.ko"

2. Archive with libMali.

The working version of xf86-video-armsoc is missing. I have a package (for Xenial) that gathered Numbqq (dev with Khadas), but the system does not accelerate and it needs to be corrected.

https://github.com/numbqq/xf86-video-armsoc_s905x/tree/master/xenial/arm64

i am use q5 box,link is :

https://www.1688.com/huo/detail-543343764627.html?spm=a262i4.9164788.zhaohuo-list-offerlist.11.575b66fdydIZEO

it's use s905m cpu。

if use kerne 3.14 kernel of armbian,use gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb ,

https://github.com/AlexELEC/S905-trees/blob/master/S905/gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

it work fine。

when i use new kernel 4.19.0-rc7,with it message:

meso-gx-mmc d0072000.mmc: no support for card's volts

mcc1:error -22 whilst initalising sdio card

need help.

maybe is:https://debugdump.com/t_657.html preblem?

I've discovered that smtube video with smplayer works flawlessly when not in fulscreen mode.

However i get a lot of yt videos with message "unable to locate video url".

I've seen on the smplayer page that smplayer and both smtube have more recent versions than the ones in synaptic, however i can't find arm64 deb packages.

If i add official repository, how can i disable the one in synaptic, will it cause a conflict?

Tbh i don't care about the version, as long as i can play any yt video, is there a way to fix this without updating these apps?

Btw, i am using your latest image.

Now, I can run kernel 4.19 rc7 on my q5 box, But ethernet and wireless don't work.

dmesg log is:

meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: Could not attach to PHY

meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: stmmc_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)

IPV6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0 link  is not ready

To answer my question before, i've compiled latest Smplayer along with skins and themes from source.

I've tried to play videos in windowed mode, 480p as default resolution, i was able to play videos i couldn't before.

I've tried to compile smtube, but i am receiving some errors, i couldn't figure out why, if someone wants, i can send a log.

Skins and themes are reporting that the newer version is already installed.

If anyone wants a deb package, i can upload it somewhere.