Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 5.x

balbes150

5 hours ago, hanguofu said:

What is wrong with my compiled kernel ?

I played with the official img : Armbian_5.77_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.0.2_20190401.img.xz  on my usb stick and everything is good. 

Is there sth. wrong with my built process ?

I'd say no modules are being loaded at boot possibly due to kernel name / magic not matching (uname -a on the install image kernel vs compiled kernel).
Otherwise, check your using the same tool chain (shown with cat /proc/version on the target) but I've only seen that issue being pertinent with android phones running old kernels. Check you are using the correct source.

@balbes150

Sir,

Please read this message.

I love your work and progres...but something makes me sad...

It is lack of support for my device.

My device also has S905 chipset and high durability.

It originally comes with Remix os...I dislike it because it has very limited functions. Even no root.\

I have used your images by using fast USB pen. Awesome.

I love your work more than 2 years I HONESTLY admire you work.

I want to use this device as a main PC (Same as people use Odroid C2)

and do some basic computer works...watching videos, internet, word typing etc...

I use it cause VERY low power consumption for my computer needs. ( PC 250W vs Unuiga 10W)

Please be kind to insert my device also in your research and dtb folder and continue it until you keep supporting S905 chipset.

I ask this because I want to get originality (dislike to use other device dtb) and more functioning to my device.

Here is my device. (Unuiga S905, 2GB ram)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/unuiga-s905-powered-by-remix-os#/

Is it possible for you to support ??

Hope to get a reply from you about this.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Gimm Wolff said:

Please be kind to insert my device also in your research and dtb folder and continue it until you keep supporting S905 chipset.

Have you tried all DTB series "gxbb" ? What model do you work best with ?

3 hours ago, amirul said:

I'm going for this, what do you think?

There is used 100Mb network and it is not known which option WiFi\BT.

IMHO I would prefer the checked model Beeline G1 mini, even the version 2\16 has a 1000Mb network and already now all equipment (WiFi BT) on the main kernel with guarantee works. :)

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

There is used 100Mb network and it is not known which option WiFi\BT.

IMHO I would prefer the checked model Beeline G1 mini, even the version 2\16 has a 1000Mb network and already now all equipment (WiFi BT) on the main kernel with guarantee works. :)

Ok understood. How is the desktop performance compared to the Magicsee N6 Max?

On 5/8/2019 at 12:27 AM, Anung Un Rama said:

Apologies for the trivial question,

but...

How can I upgrade the whole image, for example from 

Armbian_5.77_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.0.2_20190318.img

to

Armbian_5.84_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.1.0-rc1_20190507.img

especially when it's installed on internal eMMc... ?

Thank you in advance for your replies and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Also installed on eMMc, want to do the same thing.  Don't know the steps.

If I already installed 5.88 on eMMc, how to boot from USB boot image again? so that I can reinstall from a new version of USB boot image.  

@balbes150

Sir,

I need your help/guidance to get my device remix os image get rooted.

Could you please help ??

This is the link for my device (S905/ unuiga u1/vensmile u1) factory image.

https://mega.nz/#!3hQ12TyT!csp043S32K5GQM2BULfem1j6AxrcsFFHFdGyUMwtrcM

It runs Remix os. (Full speed, full hardware acc)

* But it is impossible to root by using common methods.

I seriously need to root it to gain more functions...

I tried all I know....

and even failed to install super su and King root...

Can you download the image file, extract it, ROOT, and repack and give it to me ??? (maybe temporarily upload to your Yadi space?)

(It is the way others have done it, but they did it for famous Jide remix mini pc only)

then I can use Amlogic burning tool to burn it.

If I am asking a lot, at least can you guide me how to do it my own ???

I know this is not the place to ask, this is for armbian, but I think you have great knowledge in Android roms and rooting.

I tried to extract it, but I failed. I have very little knowledge about this subject.

I want to get this device permanently rooted and I am not cared about OTA updates since they abandoned us.

Looking forward to hear valuable and contentful reply from you.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, superhao said:

If I already installed 5.88 on eMMc, how to boot from USB boot image again? so that I can reinstall from a new version of USB boot image.   

In the same way as before. When installed in eMMC, multi-boot remains and runs from external media.

2 hours ago, Gimm Wolff said:

I need your help/guidance to get my device remix os image get rooted.

Could you please help ??

I do not do Android (RemixOS is Android). Try asking on the Freacktab forum.

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

In the same way as before. When installed in eMMC, multi-boot remains and runs from external media.

I do not do Android (RemixOS is Android). Try asking on the Freacktab forum.

Thanks, it becomes easy after read your explaination!    

@balbes150 Thank you for your hard work. I decided to buy Android box just because of the good support for linux (armbian). I have few question for you and other who know answers.

I have MXQ Pro 4K (S905XQ4_V3.0 picture) with S905W. I used meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dts and successfully boot ARMBIAN 5.88 user-built Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 5.1.0-aml-s905 but there are some problems:

1. wifi not working (SV6051). What is the easiest way to fix this?
  2. When I go to Shut Down, the box will reset.
  3. Is there a way how to use remote controller for power up (shut down)?

Thanks in advance.

Tested on Ugoos AM6 (s922). Operation of the DDBR utility (creating and restoring a full copy of eMMC). Checked Armbian and LibreELEC installation in eMMC. On the first test version of u-boot in the firmware, there is a small bug, eMMC is defined as mmcblk0 , so when you install in eMMC you need to change the script "install.sh" number 1 to 0. By the time the product goes on sale, I think it will be fixed. The developers are currently testing a new version of the firmware, which immediately includes a universal multi-download by default. This means that users can run external systems without additional activation steps. This is the first set-top box, which will default to this mode. By the way, I really liked the cooling system AM6, the combination of a metal body and a large radiator to allow it to remove without altering the body at all of my loads. Again, this is the first TV box where I did not have to redo the cooling system. Also on the Board there is a connector for the fan, which can be used for special conditions, if you do not have enough regular cooling system  (I have not checked it yet, maybe I will not need it). :)

12 hours ago, JuanjoAr said:

i have a question. is usb3 storage still not working on S922X ?

All USB ports work with the new firmware for AM6. Details can be seen here. :)

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s922x/others-s922x/firmware-roms-tools-dq/774328-ugoos-am6-s922x-armbian-and-other-linux-distributions-and-libreelec?p=775614#post775614

21 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Update images 5.88_20190611. Images of this version work on all s9xxx including S922X (tested on Ugoos AM6). :)

Perhaps stupid question but will those images run on a Rockchip RK3328 cpu? (provided I can find a usable dtb....)

1 hour ago, Reddwarf said:

Perhaps stupid question but will those images run on a Rockchip RK3328 cpu? (provided I can find a usable dtb....) 

Not now. In the future, when there will be a universal build for all platforms at the same time, it will be possible.

45 minutes ago, Reddwarf said:

I see, do you know of ny other Linux for that cpu?

lol... just compile from sources (RK legacy or mainline) u-boot and kernel and install/compile package what you want. or use image from rk topick)

@balbes150 Kindly provide your recommendations.

Does S905x (2gb 16gb) + Linux O/S supports my requirements?

My requirements:
I’m developing a (video) content display solution to run device in kiosk mode with Chrome browser starting in fullscreen. It is supposed to display video being received. Now, I’m looking at Amlogic S905x base board to run my solution. Ordered sample S905x based Android TV box from sztomata (OneNuts).

What I need:

- Reference, Docs, Scripts to remove Android and load Linux image onto S905x board (eMMC)

- Any recommendations on which OS and build to load?

- Can I use Khadas or corelec images directly on sztomato S905x hardware?

- Must work: LAN, Wifi, BLE, USB, HDMI, Video Codecs (H.264, VP8, H.265, VP9)

- I do not need Kodi or related TV functionality. There is no video encoding in my solution but does need Video decoding at hw / GPU level

- I might need to display say max 4 simultaneous video playback in same browser window

Note: Currently, using Raspberry Pi for development.But Chrome is taking almost 100% CPU while playing a received Video in Chrome browser.

But using RPi is very simple:

- Flash SD card with Raspbiain Stretch O/S and Load my software

- Boot RPi and my solution is ready to use