Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 5.x

balbes150

1 hour ago, borygo77 said:

Thank you for your reply Andrew. But this is not answer I was looking for ๐Ÿ˜‰ What I'm asking is if there's a way to format/change partition tables onย Nand from armbian ๐Ÿ˜Š

Of course there is a way.

1. Load the NAND driver.

2. Use fdisk.

3. Pray the gods of hacking that everything goes smoothly.

Remember that if you brick your TV box, you can always restore it using the SD card method. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

1 hour ago, borygo77 said:

Think I will give it a go then ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just wondering if there is some sensitive part of box or partition I need to leave untouched like boot partition ? Sorry but got no idea how it boots if I'm booting from sd card ๐Ÿ™ˆย 

Like for any other Android TV box, before you go writing the NAND, install TWRP and make a complete backup, or test the SD card recoveryย  / USB cable methods first.

In other words, test that you can unbrick it before you do anything that might brick it.ย :P

ย 

There is no TWRP for my box ;)ย Couldn't find one which I could install or boot from sd... Got img file with android which works using USB Burning tool so I think that's enough. Even if I brick it I'm not gonna cry as it was bought in 2016 so it's time for new box ;)

2 hours ago, AndrewDB said:

Remember that if you brick your TV box, you can always restore it using the SD card method. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย 

Not always. If you break the u-boot being in nand there may be problems. If the u-boot in nand is broken, it was possible to restore the operation of the box only by closing the nand contacts and writing the correct u-boot or full image.

3 minutes ago, talraash said:

ย 

Not always. If you break the u-boot being in nand there may be problems. Earlier in the case of not just deleting, but the u-boot failures in nand, it was possible to restore the work of the box only by closing the nand contacts and write correct u-boot or full image.ย 

I stand corrected, thank you talraash. And yes, sometimes you have to go and short some pins on the NAND to be able to flash it.

8 minutes ago, Reddwarf said:

"No support for the cards voltage", unable to boot on S905 (MiniMxIII/MiniM8S). ๏ปฟ

Now checked on Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos (S905). The system starts normally and works with SD card or USB flash drive.ย  Works USB, wired network, sound, test video plays without problems. Either you have a defective Sd card or card reader on the TV box, or not the correct DTB. Or the image is incorrectly written.

12 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Now checked on Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos (S905). The system starts normally and works with SD card or USB flash drive.ย  Works USB, wired network, sound, test video plays without problems. Either you have a defective Sd card or card reader on the TV box, or not the correct DTB. Or the image is incorrectly written.

Cardreader is not defective, SD card tests fine on other computers. I'm using the p200 dtb.

Pay attention, many S905 is used with legacy u-boot. Therefore, do not try to install the latest versions in eMMC. The regular u-boot will be destroyed and you will need to restore the firmware via a USB cable or from a bootable SD card.

19 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Show the whole output when you run the script "/root/install.sh๏ปฟ".

root@aml:~# /root/install.sh
Start script create MBR and filesystem
Start backup u-boot default
dd: failed to open '/dev/mmcblk1': No such file or directory
Start create MBR and partittion
Error: Could not stat device /dev/mmcblk1 - No such file or directory.
Start restore u-boot
dd: failed to open '/boot/u-boot-default.img': No such file or directory
dd: failed to open '/boot/u-boot-default.img': No such file or directory
Done
Start copy system for eMMC.
Formatting BOOT partition...mkfs.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
mkfs.vfat: unable to open /dev/mmcblk1p1: No such file or directory
done.
mount: /ddbr/install: special device /dev/mmcblk1p1 does not exist.
Cppying BOOT...done.
Edit init config...done.
umount: /ddbr/install: not mounted.
Formatting ROOT partition...
The file /dev/mmcblk1p2 does not exist and no size was specified.
e2fsck 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)
e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/mmcblk1p2
Possibly non-existent device?
done.
Copying ROOTFS.
mount: /ddbr/install: special device /dev/mmcblk1p2 does not exist.
Copy BIN
Create DEV
Copy ETC
Copy HOME
Copy LIB
Create MEDIA
Create MNT
Copy OPT
Create PROC
Copy ROOT
Create RUN
Copy SBIN
Copy SELINUX
Copy SRV
Create SYS
Create TMP
Copy USR
Copy VAR
tar: var/log/syslog: file changed as we read it
tar: var/log/kern.log: file changed as we read it
Copy fstab
umount: /ddbr/install: not mounted.
Complete copy OS to eMMC 

I do have nand box and count't see any device except dev/sdaย usb drive with armbian installed using fdisk -l

55 minutes ago, borygo77 said:

I do have nand box and count't see any device except dev/sdaย usb drive with armbian installed using fdisk -l ๏ปฟ

If you have NAND, you will not be able to install new versions with kernel 4 and 5 in NAND. These kernels only work with eMMC.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:49 AM, balbes150 said:

gxbb-vega-s95-*.dtb

Ok, so it runs with the gxbb-vega-s95 dtb's, which begs the question: Is the p200 dtb not properly configured? It is, after all, a p200 board...

Anyway, WiFi and ethernet works, video plays fairly fine, neither sound nor BT works. (BT works with external dongle), but picture does not come back after screen has been switched off due to inactivity.

ย 

40 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

If you have NAND, you will not be able to install new versions with kernel 4 and 5 in NAND. These kernels only work with eMMC.

Is this the one with 3.14 kernel ?ย Armbian_5.34_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.9.40_server_20171112.img

Hi,

ย 

I downloaded this image here:ย https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/Linux/ARMBIAN/5.76/S905/4.20/Armbian_5.76_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.20.5_desktop_20190224.img.xz

ย 

However the screen resolution is only 720p. How do I change it? The previous information about a hdmi.sh file is no longer valid (the file does not exist).

2 hours ago, JonSmith said:

Hi,

ย 

I downloaded this image here:ย https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/Linux/ARMBIAN/5.76/S905/4.20/Armbian_5.76_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.20.5_desktop_20190224.img.xz

ย 

However the screen resolution is only 720p. How do I change it? The previous information about a hdmi.sh file is no longer valid (the file does not exist).

Have you tried Settings - display? (in Armbian)

The new version of the image with the kernel 5.76 5-rc8.

Please note that the image files have replaced the previous versions of the files on the site.

The new kernel adds support for BT on VIM2 (S912), but the BT audio output does not work yet (the sound stutters, you need to change the settings and perhaps the firmware file).

Also fixed DTB files for Vega S95 (s905). Tested on Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos. The system starts normally and works with external media (wired network, sound, BT).

thanksย balbes150!

ย 

i am use version :

ย root@aml:/proc# uname -a
Linux aml 5.0.0-rc7-aml-s905-gb5aa11ceb-dirty #5.76 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 27 14:53:05 MSK 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

i have a usb Astrometa DVB-T2:

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Astrometa_DVB-T2

ย 

the kernel can't driver it.

run lsusb command output:

root@aml:/proc# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 15f4:0131 HanfTek
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1915:0174 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

ย 

Hope you addย  dvb_usb_rtl28xxu and MN88473ย  driver at compile time in the new version

ย thank you.