14 14
balbes150

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

13 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Now checked the latest version on Ubuntu 5.67 x96 mini to dtb (meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb). The system starts, the monitor works without problems. The start of the graphical shell takes about 1-2 minutes, no WiFi and BT. The remote control from Khadas VIM works in MPV (adjusts the sound, can rewind the video, etc.). The standard remote control from x96 mini does not work.

Shutdown works correctly. After switching off, just press the button on the remote control and the system starts again.

I tried bionic desktop 5.67 181117 with meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb on x96mini from micro sd card. It worked pretty well but not that good like with the dtb for p281(there usb seems much more responsive and the blue front led lights up when system is started) but I also had there the inverted colors until de- and reconnecting HDMI and the device restarted automatically like always on armbian instead powering off.  No real difference for me if khadas or p281 dtb. The only build from your archives where power off works on x96mini is this libreelec: Running on LibreELEC (balbes150): devel-20181114083516-cbfbde4 9.0, kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29. There it was no problem to activate original remote with attached config file and setting in rc_maps.cfg ..tomorrow I will try the newest armbian build on one of the tx3minis with khadas/p281/tx3mini dtb files too and report.

@sekarpdkt Did you try to set mac/network settings in armbian_first_run.txt on Boot before first run?!

ir-x96.conf

On 11/17/2018 at 2:48 AM, balbes150 said:

Version 5.67 20181117.

Added support for ISCSI and deb packages kernel, header etc.

The version of the image with Xenial - will be assembled only on request.

p.s. When checking, it turned out that WiFi works on Khadas VIM2 Basic (with AP6356S chip). Khadas VIM1 (s905x) works WiFi and BT. :)

Thank you very very much. iSCSI is work fine for me.

Only to say that I successfully applied version 5.67 20181117 on Bang Good ABOX A3 android TV box (s912 + LTM8830) strictly following instructions in this thread. I also flashed internal EMMC by armbian-config. Thank you very much for all your support, and my respect to balbes150.  

The boot is working well with any of meson-gxm-q200.dtb, meson-gxm-q201.dtb and meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb. When I connected external USB drive, it recognized it immediately and mounted on /media folder. I added to fstab automatic mount of this drive and made bind of two folders on this disk to /tmp and /home. This increased significantly the downloading speed.

I only have problem with WiFi and Bluetooth - I cannot find how to find/install/configure appropriated drivers for LTM8830. Having WiFi is not very important, but I need BT to connect audio to the amplifier.

I appreciate any help regarding this topic.    

Edited by alex.bg
typo, clarification

@balbes150 Armbian on tx3 mini works like on x96mini(where I keep armbian on internal). I didn't see any differences in using khadas/p281/p281tx3 dtb files. On tx3 i got also the inverted colors on boot until I unplug and reconnect HDMI . For analog sound I need usb soundcard as expected, wifi runs perfect with cheap usb wifi r8188eu stick, but I prefer ethernet. On tx3 mini the box always reboots too-Power off works here also just mechanically via switch on ac outlet. I didn't have a look on getting remote or front display work, but armbian works beside of these little quirks pretty good.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:13 AM, Turgus said:

@sekarpdkt Did you try to set mac/network settings in armbian_first_run.txt on Boot before first run?!

As /etc/network/interfaces resolved my issue, I am continuing. In addition, i have already burnt it to my flash. However, will do it when i upgrade to next version.