Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 5.x

balbes150

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

1. You do not need to change anything in the installation scripts, they should automatically determine the correct name of the eMMC.

2. A prerequisite for installation in the eMMC, the use of the latest versions of multi-boot (reactivation using the latest images).

If this does not help - need a log UART console.

2. I always used the Update&Backup and start the aml_script.zip from Android and then used the install.sh, not sure is this the proper step? What i found it is.

About the UART logs, unfortunately no UART port specified on the board, so not sure how to get access to the console.

But i was able to start the Armbian form the emmc, this way: used the android image and the Boot SD card maker software, with the img burned to an SD card (which is interesting so far only my 4GB SDHC is working), the tool reformatted my sd card (and i understand properly burn the uboot img into the beginning of the sd card) and copied 3 files. I have deleted the 3 files and with the plugged in SD card i am able to boot the Armbian.

Would be great to fix this somehow.

Not sure how i can provide you any other logs.

5 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Odroid N2 sahiplerine dikkat ediyorum . Görüntüdeki DTB ismi değişmiştir, son 20190724 görüntüyü doğru bir şekilde çalıştırmak için, "meson-g12b-s922x-odroid-n2.dtb" üzerindeki dtb ismini (boot.ini) dosyasında düzeltmeniz gerekir. Bu, görüntülerin gelecekteki sürümlerinde düzeltilecektir.

What name should we replace with, do not fully understand?

6 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Maybe it's a problem of bad components for the clones.

it says 1441KAE THGBMG7B2KBAIL VD1169 CHINA

hdparm -Tt /dev/mmcblk1p2

/dev/mmcblk1p2:
 Timing cached reads:   1350 MB in  2.00 seconds = 674.98 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  68 MB in  3.08 seconds =  22.08 MB/sec

as far as i understand 2gb version have different components. 

18 hours ago, Janaboy said:

About the UART logs, unfortunately no UART port specified on the board, so not sure how to get access to the console.

But i was able to start the Armbian form the emmc, this way: used the android image and the Boot SD card maker software, with the img burned to an SD card (which is interesting so far only my 4GB SDHC is working), the tool reformatted my sd card (and i understand properly burn the uboot img into the beginning of the sd card) and copied 3 files. I have deleted the 3 files and with the plugged in SD card i am able to boot the Armbian.

Would be great to fix this somehow.

Not sure how i can provide you any other logs.

The problem at the startup stage of u-boot , it does not give logs, only direct output to the UART console.

15 hours ago, skyfly555 said:

From SD card

This is possible, but will require additional manual operations from you.

14 hours ago, Alpay Şiviloğlu said:

What name should we replace with, do not fully understand?

No need, just download the latest image, everything is fixed there.

2 minutes ago, Alpay Şiviloğlu said:

thanks I would fix this problem.

petitboot does not work, I added "setenv bootlabel" Armbian "" to boot.ini, red led is on, blue led is not on and black screen!

What medium are you trying to launch from ?

Just now, Alpay Şiviloğlu said:

Odroid-N2 microSD Card 

Switch the bootloader from SPI to SD\eMMC. Piteboot does not work correctly with external systems. For u-boot to work correctly in SPI, you need to make changes to the ENV parameters (then you can directly start any system from the USB SD eMMC or from the network). The details there is in this topic.

13 hours ago, skyfly555 said:

What do I have to do? 

1. to download an image Armbian, decompress and write to the SD card.

2. Edit file (/extlinux/extlinux.conf) specify the correct DTB.

3. Download the u-boot file for Odroid C2

https://yadi.sk/d/M9TottOZuM5WLA

and write it to the SD card with these commands (do not forget to specify the correct SD card number instead of X).

dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/mmcblkX conv=fsync,notrunc bs=1 count=112

dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/mmcblkX conv=fsync,notrunc bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

Insert SD and try start for Odroid C2

YES!

I have a VANKYO MatrixBox X95 Plus with 2g ram, 32g rom, PCB board is A95XY2_V1.1 and cpu s905y2

Just about the same as A95X plus with 4g of ram.

USB BOOT File

Armbian_5.86_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.1.0_desktop_20190514.img

DTB File
meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb

Working on s905x2 a95x plus s905y2
In USB1 port blue 3.0

Edit uEnv.ini file with dtb_name=/dtb/dtb.img

Rename meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb to dtb.img Copy to dtb folder

Boot USB1

Login : root

Pass   : 1234

8 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

There are owners of s905x2 with models of TV boxes with a wired network of 100Mb ?

Yep... i have 2 different models with 100mb h96max2 and x96max in both case netwok work with meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb

10 minutes ago, talraash said:

Yep... i have 2 different models with 100mb h96max2 and x96max in both case netwok work with meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb

I am interested in the wired network in the latest version of the image (with kernel 5.2.1) using DTB from the image. You can check it out ?

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

I am interested in the wired network in the latest version of the image (with kernel 5.2.1) using DTB from the image. You can check it out ?

ok... in a few hours, then I will edit this post.

upd Same behavior as before wired network work only with g12a-x96-max-rmii DT.

1 hour ago, talraash said:

upd Same behavior as before wired network work only with g12a-x96-max-rmii DT.

I understood correctly that when using the latest 5.2.1 kernel image with DTBS that are part of the image, the wired network does not work. But when using the old dtb (for 5.1 kernel) with the latest 5.2 kernel, does the wired network work ?

27 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

I understood correctly that when using the latest 5.2.1 kernel image with DTBS that are part of the image, the wired network does not work. But when using the old dtb (for 5.1 kernel) with the latest 5.2 kernel, does the wired network work ?

No... wired network work with dtb from 5.2.1

Spoiler

Нет. dtb из 5.2.1, сеть по проводу работает только с g12a-x96-max-rmii как и в прошлых образах. 

13 minutes ago, talraash said:

No... wired network work with dtb from 5.2.1

That's right. Support for 100Mb network is only in this DTB (it is specially modified for this).

Spoiler

Мне показалось из первого сообщения, что сеть работает только со старым dtb, который был отдельно на я-диске для другого ядра.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:46 PM, skyfly555 said:

From SD card

By the way, you can run Armbian and LibreELEC on Odroid C2 from USB media. That is, You can have a connected SD card or eMMC module with default system and without disconnecting them, quickly start the test system from USB media.

To add to the run settings file u-boot (for SD or eMMC media boot.ini) the second line in this string. 

---------------------------------------------------

ODROIDC2-UBOOT-CONFIG

# Add run USB script s905_autoscript

if usb start; then setenv dtb_mem_addr "0x1000000"; if fatload usb 0 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; fi;

########################################################################
# Changes made to this are overwritten every time there's a new upgrade

You can then run any images for s9xx using the standard s905_autoscript scripts and settings in (uEnv.ini)

On 7/25/2019 at 8:07 AM, balbes150 said:

The problem at the startup stage of u-boot , it does not give logs, only direct output to the UART console.

I was able to access the console, this is the message:

GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:1;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:2;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:3;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:4;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:5;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:6;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:7;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;

and this when i plugin the sd card:

D:800;USB:8;LOOP:16;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:17;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:0;
TE: 119595608
no sdio debug board detected

BL2 Built : 13:55:05, Jan 28 2016.
gxb g3625dd5 - xiaobo.gu@droid05

Board ID = 0
set vcck to 1100 mv
set vddee to 1000 mv

47 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Judging by the log, there is no working u-boot in eMMC.

Show the entire log when starting the system with the SD card connected.

Additional comment, this point where you can see the end of the log, my armbian stops booting.

This happens if i restart or just start, after replug the power cable, starting fine.

Any ideas?

boot with recovery sd.txt

Hello, I'm from Russia and I've got a problem with tvbox X96max 4Gb\32Gb:

I was watching film and during this the tvbox had switched off. I turned it off and then tried to turn it on again, but nothing happened, no clock on the front board and nothing happened.

I've tried to use UBT to install .img file through the computer and I've got this message after starting:

uboot/get result/DiskInitial error

Can you help me? I'm not very involved in linux and so on..

On 7/26/2019 at 10:32 AM, talraash said:

Hi,

What steps did you use to have it working on h96max2 ? I burned a lot of different images to SD card, changed to all possible g12 DTBs, but each time I go to the update section and select the aml_update.zip from the card, it reboots, tries to load it, and fails with a broken android robot and just "Error!". It then reboots again on the android.

Mine is flashed with android 9 (from https://mega.nz/#F!enh1kIYD!FdtiQoEO0V4awyrEZRwUew from https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade ), could it be the issue ? I read that some were using ddr3 instead of ddr4, how could I check this ?

21 hours ago, Janaboy said:

Additional comment, this point where you can see the end of the log, my armbian stops booting.

This happens if i restart or just start, after replug the power cable, starting fine.

Restore the stock Android firmware. Run Armbian from external media and show the output of 'fdisk -l' command.

16 hours ago, koss said:

I was watching film and during this the tvbox had switched off. I turned it off and then tried to turn it on again, but nothing happened, no clock on the front board and nothing happened.

I've tried to use UBT to install .img file through the computer and I've got this message after starting:

uboot/get result/DiskInitial error

Can you help me? I'm not very involved in linux and so on..

Most likely you have a failed HDMI output , there is no protection on x96max. If you completely turn off the power and after 10 minutes to try to turn on does not help, you need to contact the repair.

5 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Most likely you have a failed HDMI output , there is no protection on x96max. If you completely turn off the power and after 10 minutes to try to turn on does not help, you need to contact the repair.

No, when hdmi fails,it starts clock. My main goal now run armbian from microsd or usb and I think that emmc in box dead.

Can you help me? 

5 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Restore the stock Android firmware. Run Armbian from external media and show the output of 'fdisk -l' command.

Can it be solved without deleting my armbian? 

I've installed lot if things, i dont want to loose them :(

What if i burn the u-boot img from the stock rom into emmc? Like it is on the sd card? 

36 minutes ago, tim-timmy said:

Hi,

What steps did you use to have it working on h96max2 ? I burned a lot of different images to SD card, changed to all possible g12 DTBs, but each time I go to the update section and select the aml_update.zip from the card, it reboots, tries to load it, and fails with a broken android robot and just "Error!". It then reboots again on the android.

Mine is flashed with android 9 (from https://mega.nz/#F!enh1kIYD!FdtiQoEO0V4awyrEZRwUew from https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade ), could it be the issue ? I read that some were using ddr3 instead of ddr4, how could I check this ?

Just write image, change dtb x96-max-rmii  and run box with reset button in av.