Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 5.x

balbes150

12 hours ago, m4dbra1n said:

Boot OK, chagend root password as requested, created another user, DE loaded, but... I can't su with my account, because I'm not in the sudoers group, neither use root user, as password is always invalid.

This has been discussed many times. You incorrectly create a new password "root", or you have a defective media.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:36 PM, CCNORTH said:

Hi

Great thanks Balbes150 for the last 2 years with your Armbian images. 

I have different S912/S905x2 boxes, and no preblem to start Armbian.  But my last Boxes comes with Android 9 and with by update the "aml_autoscript.zip" come this error

E : footer is wrong

update package verification took 0.0´s (result 1)

E : signature verification failed

E : error 21

When i downgrade to android 8 i have no problems. But my next buy are S905x3 boxes and here is only Android 9

Can anyone help my?

thanks

Ok, I solved the problem!! 

Only on Android 9: when the „Aml_autoscript.zip“ ist update and the Box restart, press the „Flash button “ 10sec,(on my boxes is the Flash button rear  the Audiojack“) then Boot the Box in Armbian from sdcard. 

On 10/26/2019 at 2:37 PM, CCNORTH said:

Ok, I solved the problem!! 

Only on Android 9: when the „Aml_autoscript.zip“ ist update and the Box restart, press the „Flash button “ 10sec,(on my boxes is the Flash button rear  the Audiojack“) then Boot the Box in Armbian from sdcard. 

Hi everybody and especially CCNORT!

I just received my box (2 days) and i have the same problem :(

I tried your solution but nothing works... 

Can you check my step and tell me if i'm doing wrong?

I have a A95X (with the S905X3), i downloaded the "armbian 5.98 aml-g12 Debian buster default 5.3.0 desktop"

I burned it on a SDcard class 10 with the "ImageWriter" software

Then, into the uEnv.ini and extlinux.conf file, i modified the dtb file with "menson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb" (i guess it's the right dtb file for my box)

I put the SDcard into the slot and switch on the box.

Into the update menu, i selected the "aml_autoscript"

After the reboot, i have the same error as you and tried to reboot with the "flash button" pressed 10 sec.

But i stay with the same boot screen "A95X" and on the LCD screen, we juste see "boot". I let the screen like 3 min and nothing happen ^^

Has anyone an idea of what i'm doing wrong? (sorry for my english xD)

On 11/7/2019 at 5:37 PM, hardy021 said:

Hi everybody and especially CCNORT!

I just received my box (2 days) and i have the same problem :(

I tried your solution but nothing works... 

Can you check my step and tell me if i'm doing wrong?

I have a A95X (with the S905X3), i downloaded the "armbian 5.98 aml-g12 Debian buster default 5.3.0 desktop"

I burned it on a SDcard class 10 with the "ImageWriter" software

Then, into the uEnv.ini and extlinux.conf file, i modified the dtb file with "menson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb" (i guess it's the right dtb file for my box)

I put the SDcard into the slot and switch on the box.

Into the update menu, i selected the "aml_autoscript"

After the reboot, i have the same error as you and tried to reboot with the "flash button" pressed 10 sec.

But i stay with the same boot screen "A95X" and on the LCD screen, we juste see "boot". I let the screen like 3 min and nothing happen ^^

Has anyone an idea of what i'm doing wrong? (sorry for my english xD)

Hi

I think you have the wrong dtb file. Your Box have the S905X3 chip. For this chip you need sm1 dtb file. like "meson-sm1-sei610" or  other file with "sm1" 

gxbb = S905

gxl= S905x

gxm=S912

g12a= S905x2

g12b=S922

sm1=S905x3

On 6/4/2019 at 4:23 AM, Gossamer said:

Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
/bin/sh: 1: scripts/mod/modpost: Exec format error
scripts/Makefile.modpost:92: recipe for target '__modpost' failed
make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 2
Makefile:1556: recipe for target 'modules' failed
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-5.0.2-aml-s905'
Makefile:1640: recipe for target 'modules' failed
make: *** [modules] Error 2

this time I got this after some time  compiling....

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am stuck here as well. 

The results of the first tests on Ugoos x2pro. First impressions are very positive. This model has support for all hardware (including WiFi) on the new core 5. Heating under load (full-screen video via browser) does not exceed 53 degrees. Given that the Android firmware for Ugoos models is considered one of the best, it is a good option for use at home both for working with media content and as a mini PC. And for those who need maximum performance - AM6 with s922x. :)

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x2/776917-x2-cube-amlogic-s905x2-android-9-0-2-16gb-emmc-dual-wifi-gig-lan-usb3-0-samba-server?p=789162#post789162

On 11/12/2019 at 7:10 AM, balbes150 said:

Update Image 5.99

Hi,

Just try this version (debian server) on a x96 max (4/32). It boots well. I can change root password and create an account.

But I don't get Ethernet working (not try wifi yet).

I've tried with menson-g12a-x96-max.dtb and menson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb without success.

What is the differences between this 2 dtb?

Regards,

Laurent.

Edited by lgranie

I'm opening a new direction-universal image (ver dir NEXT  and DEV) for Amlogic+Rockchip+Allwinner. Details can be found in this topic. Please try the new option to run on AML (first of all I am interested in using USB media).

Hello all!

I'm currently working on getting a modern Linux kernel working successfully on a w95 (S905W) device. After a lot of work, we have almost everything working as we'd hope. However, WiFi is still evading us. The built-in SSV6051P WiFi chip isn't successfully communicating with the driver, though it does appear to be powering on. Since WiFi works on this device both in AlexELEC and in Android, it's seems to be something that changed when Linux went to the meson drivers instead of using the pseudo-proprietary amlogic kernel and drivers.

We're using a slightly modified mainline Arch kernel as our base, but we've been seeing these same problems on Armbian. We've modified the meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb with the WiFi implementation given by AlexELEC and our included version of Android, but those modifications have only gotten us to the point of potentially powering on the SSV6051P without actually allowing communication to it. Any time the SSV6051P driver attempts to write to or from an efuse, WiFi memory, or anything related to communication through the SDIO bus to the SSV6051P, it fails silently and returns no result.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem, or ones like it? We've been having a lot of trouble figuring this out on our own. Is there anyone who can help us out, or at least point us in the right direction? I understand that WiFi is a real pain to get going on these devices, but we'd even be willing to pay someone if we were able to get this working.

Thanks! If this is the wrong place to ask something like this, let me know and I can move it elsewhere.

-Andrew

geodev55@gmail.com

I've been trying to use armbian with a Alfawise A9 4k (2g ram 16gb emmc), but so far I was not able to make the wireless work (can't be detected). 

I've used the latest image (Armbian_5.99_Aml-g12_Ubuntu_disco_default_5.3.0_20191110.img) , tried a bunch of dtb files, and some do boot (I think the last one I tried was meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb ) but the wireless interface never shows up. 

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? 

13 hours ago, geodev said:

I'm currently working on getting a modern Linux kernel working successfully on a w95 (S905W) device. After a lot of work, we have almost everything working as we'd hope. However, WiFi is still evading us. The built-in SSV6051P WiFi chip isn't successfully communicating with the driver, though it does appear to be powering on. Since WiFi works on this device both in AlexELEC and in Android, it's seems to be something that changed when Linux went to the meson drivers instead of using the pseudo-proprietary amlogic kernel and drivers.

We're using a slightly modified mainline Arch kernel as our base, but we've been seeing these same problems on Armbian. We've modified the meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb with the WiFi implementation given by AlexELEC and our included version of Android, but those modifications have only gotten us to the point of potentially powering on the SSV6051P without actually allowing communication to it. Any time the SSV6051P driver attempts to write to or from an efuse, WiFi memory, or anything related to communication through the SDIO bus to the SSV6051P, it fails silently and returns no result.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem, or ones like it? We've been having a lot of trouble figuring this out on our own. Is there anyone who can help us out, or at least point us in the right direction? I understand that WiFi is a real pain to get going on these devices, but we'd even be willing to pay someone if we were able to get this working.

Thanks! If this is the wrong place to ask something like this, let me know and I can move it elsewhere.

There is no firmware for the main core for this chip. The manufacturer has long ceased to exist and no support for this chip is not and will not be. You're wasting your time on this shit.

20 hours ago, balbes150 said:

I'm opening a new direction-universal image (ver dir NEXT  and DEV) for Amlogic+Rockchip+Allwinner. Details can be found in this topic. Please try the new option to run on AML (first of all I am interested in using USB media).

Hi,

I tried this yesterday without success :  pink characters on a light blue background with a "poor" screen resolution (maybe 640x480) and still no network.

This morning I tried CoreElec version 9.2.0. I manage to connect via WiFi but not with Ethernet.

I noticed that the dtb filesize differs from 41ko in Armbian (meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb) to 71ko in CoreElec (g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb).

I noticed to that CoreElec run on a kernel version 4.

I imagine that I'm missing something : if there is a dtb call meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb I suppose that it is possible to connect it via Ethernet, no?

Regards,

Laurent.

Hi,

Balbes time ago I sent you a PR for GT1-Mini-A DTS which was accepted, today testing your 5.99 image noted that Kernel is 5.4rc6 and the image does not contain that DTB.

Which branches contain which versions on your Github ?

LE - > 5.2rc ?

Master -> 5.4 ?

I'm trying to make a PR for 5.4 and also trying to get support for the GT1 WiFi AP6255:

https://gitlab.com/baylibre/amlogic/atv/linux/tree/narmstrong/v5.1/aml/integ-5.1-bcmdhd/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd

TIA

27 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Balbes time ago I sent you a PR for GT1-Mini-A DTS which was accepted, today testing your 5.99 image noted that Kernel is 5.4rc6 and the image does not contain that DTB.

Which branches contain which versions on your Github ?

LE - > 5.2rc ?

Master -> 5.4 ?

I'm trying to make a PR for 5.4 and also trying to get support for the GT1 WiFi AP6255:

The working branch is master. Other branches are used for tests and are not recommended for use.

Hello guys,

I have a amlogic s905x 2/16gb from X96,armbian working from SD card with no problem and i want it to boot from eMMC.

The command ./install.sh worked properly tried to boot without SD and nothing...just a black screen and no network connection.

I though well...maybe if i use armbian-config to transfer the OS to eMMC it might work,it did not...having the same issue.

I have access to root_emmc and boot_emmc when booted from SD card.

The files from BOOT_EMMC have the following commands in them:

exlinux.conf:

LABEL Armbian
  LINUX /zImage
  INITRD /uInitrd
  FDTDIR /dtb
#  FDT /dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb
  APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 

uEnv.ini:

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb
bootargs=root=LABEL=ROOT_EMMC rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

I am not sure why it doesn't boot and i did research before writing this message.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, Spyelite said:

Hello guys,

I have a amlogic s905x 2/16gb from X96,armbian working from SD card with no problem and i want it to boot from eMMC.

The command ./install.sh worked properly tried to boot without SD and nothing...just a black screen and no network connection.

I though well...maybe if i use armbian-config to transfer the OS to eMMC it might work,it did not...having the same issue.

I have access to root_emmc and boot_emmc when booted from SD card.

The files from BOOT_EMMC have the following commands in them:

exlinux.conf:

LABEL Armbian
  LINUX /zImage
  INITRD /uInitrd
  FDTDIR /dtb
#  FDT /dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb
  APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 

uEnv.ini:

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb
bootargs=root=LABEL=ROOT_EMMC rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

I am not sure why it doesn't boot and i did research before writing this message.

double check if dtb is correct one and present

exlinux.conf root LABEL must perhaps also be ROOT_EMMC