Armbian torrents - lots of disk space ?

Jens Bauer

I've been seeding torrents on my CubieBoard2 earlier; in Juli I moved to one of my EspressoBIN boards.

I allocated 128GB for the torrents (since it was stated that I needed at least 60GB for Armbian).

-But now Armbian seem to take up 123GB on my dedicated transmission partition:

$ df -h .
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdc13      128G  123G  4.5G  97% /transmission

It seems I have 388 completed Armbian files (and no other files).

-Does this mean that something went out of control - like files not being deleted - or does it mean that the torrents use this much space now ?

3 hours ago, Jens Bauer said:

Does this mean that something went out of control - like files not being deleted - or does it mean that the torrents use this much space now ?

It should be 378. It's some time since 60GB was set :) Everything is fine. Many new boards and Bionic as a test option on some ... with some cleaning and with some additional logic, this could be brought down. But its some work.

34 minutes ago, Igor said:

It should be 378. It's some time since 60GB was set :) Everything is fine. Many new boards and Bionic as a test option on some ... with some cleaning and with some additional logic, this could be brought down. But its some work.

Alright- 378 ... That means I have 10 files more than I should have.

I'll add an additional drive, the next time I get over to my server; it's more important that you spend time making more images available than keeping the number of files down; worst case would be that I transfer the files to my local Espressobin and let it handle it until I get more space. ;)

Perhaps I'll need to make a split disk-image in order to solve the problem that the partition will soon be full.

(By making a split disk-image, I mean spreading disk images over several partition and setting them up in RAID0; this works fine and can be mounted in fstab too. It's also possible to mix images with real partitions).

On 8/19/2018 at 5:44 PM, Jens Bauer said:

I'll add an additional drive, the next time I get over to my server;

No need. :) I did some cleanup and we are back down to 210 files or 63G. It was a part of a preparation for the next major update.

On 8/28/2018 at 4:12 PM, Igor said:

No need. :) I did some cleanup and we are back down to 210 files or 63G. It was a part of a preparation for the next major update. 

Thank you, sir! :)

I've cleaned my drive, so I now have a clean download of the files. I'll check now and then if files get deleted or if the usage grows, because I sense something might have gone wrong with file-deletion.

While I remember ... I've set up transmission to have a 'completion directory' which is different from the 'in-progress' directory.

Would this cause any problems ?

I've cleaned my drive, so I now have a clean download of the files.

If you are using our cronjob script, it should remove unneeded files automatically. 

I've set up transmission to have a 'completion directory' which is different from the 'in-progress' directory.

I don't think so.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:38 AM, Igor said:

If you are using our cronjob script, it should remove unneeded files automatically.  

OK, I'll probably make a simple systemd service that logs disk-space or something and send me an email if a high-watermark is reached. :)