H3 BROM reversing

DrSchottky

Hi there,

I've just got my first H3 board (OPi Zero +2) and I'm interested in learning how boot process works in detail,  with a focus on Security ID  features.

As far I can see there's not that much documentation about S/NBROM (essentially linux-sunxi's Wiki and Allwinner-info git repo) and what's supposed to be H3's NBROM (header  1100, 1100, 1633) looks like slightly different from A10's one (from git) at first glance.

Is there anyone here who has already worked on it and/or has info/symbols/pseudocode/whatever might speed up the reversing process?

Thank you!

10 hours ago, DrSchottky said:

Is there anyone here who has already worked on it and/or has info/symbols/pseudocode/whatever might speed up the reversing process?

This here is most probably the wrong location to ask for. Armbian is about adding stuff at the distro level and keeping track of kernel changes. We seldomly touch bootloader stuff.

If not already done I would better ask in linux-sunxi IRC (remain patient, people are from all timezones and all the regulars read the backlog so it's quite common to get individual answers hours or days later)

12 hours ago, tkaiser said:

This here is most probably the wrong location to ask for. Armbian is about adding stuff at the distro level and keeping track of kernel changes. We seldomly touch bootloader stuff.

If not already done I would better ask in linux-sunxi IRC (remain patient, people are from all timezones and all the regulars read the backlog so it's quite common to get individual answers hours or days later)

Ok, thanks for the hint.

Oh, since I haven't found one I made a little tool to dump the bootrom from userspace (tested on Armbian for H2+/H3, but should work on other SoCs too). I leave it here, just in case someone wants to play with this stuff :)