armbian rockchip 3368 support?

flm

Hello. I have victsing vitv-2 android tv box based on rk3368 processor. I want to try to install some sort of linux on it. So, my question is: is there any chance armbian will support this processor? I see some other rk32*/rk33* are supported...

It is possible to create a bootable armbian image for RK3368 (actually quite easy, since most configurations can be shared with RK3399/RK3328),although you would never get a chance to have that GPU working on Linux.

Here are some generic steps you can give a try:

1. Collect all blobs needed to boot the board at https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkbin. They're located in bin/rk33

2. RK3368 is supported by mainline u-boot, so what you need is to write device tree for your device. It could be the most difficult part, since these TV boxes typically use an out-dated u-boot without a device tree, and boots into the kernel loaded from a fixed offset on the nand.

3. Find the appropriate device tree file for the Rockchip 4.4 kernel (same as above, but a lot easier if the OEM provides kernel source)

BTW, Geekbox might be the most well-supported RK3368 board so far, and creating Armbian image for it is as simple as creating one for Firefly-RK3399. However I don't think Armbian would have official support for these boards any time soon.

The problem is I'm not very skillfull when it comes to linux insides, so most of your words sounds like magic to me. :D

I think most I can do is follow step-by-step instructions.