Bananapi M2+ Kernel build binay

RAZZY

Hi,  I am new to the Armbian. I have build the kernel for BananaPi M2+ using the instruction specified in Armbian document for Building with Vagrant. I could see the output file

"linux-image-sun8i-5.59.armhf.deb" in the "output/debs" folder. Know I don't know how to download or install this file on the SD card which is running on my bananaPi M2+.

Bascically I need guidance on how to transfer my kernel build image from my windows PC to the SD card which I will be using to test the Bananapi M2+ board.

Any help or documents will be highly appreciated.

You have to transfer this file on the board, either by network if it is up and running, or by another media thru USB.

Then install it using "dpkg -i linux-image-sun8i-5.59.armhf.deb" ...

Be aware that you probably need to install also the DTB package, which come separately ...

Hi,  thanks for the comment. I tried to install image as you mentioned. However the device doesn't boot and stops with following messages.

Found legacy kernel configuration

** File not found /boot/script.bin **

Image Name: uInitrd

Image Type: ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)

Data Size:   7507703 Bytes = 7.2 MiB

Load Address: 00000000

Entry Point:     00000000

Verifying Checksum … OK

Loading Ramdisk to 498d7000, end 49fffef7 … OK

Starting Kernel  ...

I wanted to test external audio codec on I2S pin of BPI M2+ which seems cannot be configured to use with Armbian download image.  In order to do any BSP level changes,  i have to build the kernel.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

From your build, in the same output/debs folder, you should see a file named linux-dtb-dev-sunxi_5.59_armhf.deb with almost same timestamp as your linux-image-dev-sunxi_5.59_armhf.deb.

Oh ! But your file is linux-image-sun8i-5.59.armhf.deb, not linux-image-dev-sunxi_5.59_armhf.deb ? This means it is not Mainline but Legacy ...

I'm not fluent with Legacy, so maybe I can't help here ...