Newbie questions

masterjedi

First post here... apologies in advance for any questions that might sound dumb.

My plan: buy Android TV boxes and install Armbian to run browsers and remote control using AnyDesk.

I chose Android TV boxes - everything is complete and contained in a small box + very cheap.

For £35 for example, I can get with power supply - with 2GB RAM - not sure about processor though.

- Should I consider other options? Like Orange Pi? I've got a 3rd generation Raspberry Pi - that is so poor for speed, chokes on one or 2 browser tabs.

(I haven't tried Armbian - I will be doing shortly.)

- Need recommended hardware. Whether it's an Android TV box or other recommended... what's the BEST I can get for under £50 say?

- Backup image: I start with the TV box for example, I want to backup what I have before doing anything... what's the recommended tool for this?

Thanks. :)

I recommend NanoPi K1 Plus, it use the 64-bit SoC Allwinner H5, and has 2GB RAM, GigE, WiFi, and can run Android 7.1, Armbian(WIP), Ubuntu Core etc, price is  $39.

It can play 4K video very smoothly under Android 7.1,  with IR remoter is better for Android TV