armbian stretch (mainline): orange pi one overheats very hot after shutting down

ag123

i've an orange pi one and i'm running armbian stretch (mainline) on it

after issuing shutdown -h now as root, the green status indicator light goes off. but i noted that the ethernet leds remain on

i leave the board powered on after shutdown

but since i've already issued shutdown, i assumed that the cpu has stopped while i go on to work on my pc.

some minutes later, i accidentally touch parts of the board and it is extremely hot, every part of the board i'd say it is probably well higher than 100 deg C, possibly a fire hazard

do be careful about this as i think the behavior after shutdown is different from ubuntu xenial. for ubuntu xenial after shutdown the board cools off

but for armbian stretch it becomes extermely hot possibly > 100 deg C (possibly even higher) after shutdown.

the only safe thing to do for now is to disconnect from power on shutdown, do not leave it hooked up to power after shutdown

thanks, i'd need to leave this for a while, after that i'd switch to the 'nightly builds'

apparently there are various updates for h3 in 4.17 which hopefully they'd get into mainline 4.18

https://github.com/megous/linux

hopefully that'd solve some of the issues

i think those things may have been catered in FEX configurations in the 'legacy' kernels, while they have not yet been found to be included in mainline

but i'd guess the powering of the pheriperials would need to take some priority

We are using Orange Pi Zero boards for one of our projects. Recently we noticed that after executing poweroff the processor heats up and stays hot until the power supply is physically disconnected. 

On checking through some old threads on this forum, it seems that this is known issue as discussed here and here. However, I am not able to figure out how to solve this as per the suggestion on those threads. 

Kernel: mainline 4.14.70

Board: Orange Pi Zero v1.4 and v1.5

So I wanted to know whether there is a definitive guide or steps or patch which I can use to address this issue in my kernel.

Thanks