Building OPI PC with 4.18.y and Bionic

rufik

I saw bionic image for download, so I thought I would build my customized image for OPI PC based on Ubuntu Bionic and 4.18.y kernel, so I have some questions:

1. Is Bionic fully stable/supported for OPI PC?

2. Is kernel 4.18.y supported? Is it sufficient to set KERNELTAG="v4.18.7" to build it? Or I just has to stick with 4.17.y?

To 1. Bionic has been released into the wild for all boards recently: https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/3a2ebeabc942efc9c6b6768f3a8507a702ac6a32

To 2. As it is not officially announced or selectable without editing the config I guess it is unsupported for now. I do not know if that would even work. Just give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Werner said:

To 2. As it is not officially announced or selectable without editing the config I guess it is unsupported for now. I do not know if that would even work. Just give it a shot.

I've just played with compilation a little bit and 4.18.y is selected when BRANCH="dev" is set. But script does not take KERNELTAG or KERNELBRANCH variables into account when set up in config-default.conf.

Let's play with 4.18.7 kernel a little bit...:)

1 hour ago, rufik said:

I've just played with compilation a little bit and 4.18.y is selected when BRANCH="dev" is set. But script does not take KERNELTAG or KERNELBRANCH variables into account when set up in config-default.conf.

Let's play with 4.18.7 kernel a little bit...:)

4.18.y and 4.17.y are pretty much the same. Both are development.