Armbian + Softy OMV vs OMV images?

MadMax

9 hours ago, MadMax said:

Is there a difference between installing Armbian and then OMV via Softy vs the OMV images?

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/3953-preview-generate-omv-images-for-sbc-with-armbian/?do=findComment&comment=44168

Since we switched to zram based swap in Armbian recently (will be rolled out with next major release) there are no real differences any more.

Please note that OMV can only be installed on Debian Stretch but not Ubuntu.

I ask because i started with Armbian + Softy OMV. There i first made a Hotspot and it was working.

Then i found out that the OMV images are based on Armbian and thought i test it.

But adding the Wifi stick there in network interfaces did not work and gave errors:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Error #0:
OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(146): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)
#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/networking.inc(44): OMV\System\SystemCtl->start()
#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleNetworking->startService()
#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusEw...', '/tmp/bgoutputKS...')
#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
#14 {main}