balbes150

Khadas EDGE and EDGE-V(im) (RK3399)

I got my EDGE this weekend. And in the coming days plans to start assembling and testing Armbian for Khadas EDGE. :)

By the way, according to Robert, this model plays well videos up to 4K on Ubuntu from Youtube.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3399-devices/733786-edge-rk3399-by-khadas-for-those-that-like-to-tinker?p=750851#post750851

Good news. I'm managed to find a variant of u-boot with which can run Linux from external media on EDGE. This is the important step for creating Armbian and other systems for Khadas EDGE.  :)

There are images from Ubuntu to write to eMMC and to run from external media. I tried a quick test image with LXDE, and it works. I recorded the image to an SD card, connected it to Khadas EDGE and when I turned on the power, the system started automatically. You do not need any manipulation with multi-boot, it is already by default, when you disable the SD card , automatically starts the regular Android from eMMC.  I tried the combined version of the launch LE, the system starts, but while the KODI interface does not start, there is something to work on ....  :)

Good news.

New image with kernel 4.20 for Khadas EDGE, which is built using the official git Linux Next.

It has HDMI, USB, SD and wired network.

Thus, it is a full-fledged basic system. :)

hmmm

Added version "4.19.0-dev", it is built using the source code "ayufan". Video playback in it significantly slows down compared to the version collected from the official sources of Next Linux.

I tried running the latest versions of LE with " rk3399-khadas-captain-linux.dtb" (I took dtb from Armbian) Khadas EDGE on SD card. The system starts normally and works, you can watch the video, but there is no sound (no audio devices available).
By the way, the interface and video in 4K works without brakes and lags. :)

p.s.

Today I got the M2 SSD module. The following tests will be related to checking the installation and operation of the system in full mode with M2 (as a normal PC). :)