Do you want to HELP? - Pine64

Tido

Hi,

I am glad you are interested to help us.

A long time ago at the end of 2015 the Kickstarter was founded and since middle of 2016 the hardware is available.

If you look at our download page of Pine64 you can see that since then we have collected a lot of information of which some of it maybe obsolete/outdated/resolved: https://www.armbian.com/pine64/

Now, if you are a lucky owner of such a SBC you have THE CHANCE to help the armbian project. Will you please download the latest Xenial legacy kernel 3.10.y and verifiy if some of the problems listed on the website are already solved in the current release?

And if so, please report back here what you have tested and which of the lines of the website (by quoting these) are obsolete or if you know how it can be resolved.

Let's start bug hunting :thumbup:

and spread the word to support us hunting.

Not sure about working with v3.10.y of the kernel, as am working dev level on 4.14.y (However I locked it at 4.14.59, for beta purposes).

What I can tell you is we've been doing our own custom board, based on the R18/A64 with lpddr3 ram, so Sopine is the dev board.

I did do some tests today, working on figuring out why cpu_freq scaling is not working, (Can post image caps later, not at work atm), and went through the following:-

Downloaded and run Armbian script to build a fresh image Pine64so, Cli, Next, Stretch. Flashed onto an sdcard, and &^%$ it didn't boot.

Looked at the script, and yes U-Boot is 2018.something, so reverted it to 2017.11 as the tag, and rebuilt it, (again after adding 'debs' back to the clean level)

And what do you know, it boots this time, however Cpu_Frequency scaling still does not work :(

I'm compared the Kernel config files between a working system, being the OrangePi Zero with what I have for the Pine based board, not much differences other than the order everything is in.

Anyway, there's my bit in here to current known issues.

Gavin

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is the right place, however I spent a couple of days to figure out how to boot a pine64-lts board using the Armbian build.

I guess it can be also the case for the pine64-sopine boards.

Finally, with the following configuration and an additional step it works!!!

The Armbian configuration:

BOARD="pine64so"
BRANCH="next"
RELEASE="stretch"

As far I understood, even if pine64so is selected, the Armbian build selects the DTB of Pine64+ boards. So uboot is lost when it tries to locate the kernel ...

To fix it, the file /boot/armbianEnv.txt can be manually edited forcing the DTB to use:

fdtfile=allwinner/sun50i-a64-sopine-baseboard.dtb

The boards are only used in a Docker Swarm clusters, so I cannot confirm if screens, keyboards or others are working fine.

Best regards

HI. I have tried de "next", "stretch", "pine64so" in my standalone pine 64 lts with de fix that posted @tibo, and verify that my board works. Network and gpios ok. Posibly USB too (not checked).

The Screen does not work nor does the battery monitoring.

1 hour ago, Jose María Domínguez García said:

The Screen does not work nor does the battery monitoring.

Recent DEV kernel (4.19.y) is a big step forward on A64 but we are still working on it and we need someone with Pine64so to check functionality:

Hi,

The Armbian Build no more works with Pine 64 LTS using the configuration:

BOARD="pine64so"
BRANCH="next"
RELEASE="stretch"

And appending to /boot/armbianEnv.txt:

fdtfile=allwinner/sun50i-a64-sopine-baseboard.dtb

I saw, a dedicated DTB is now available for LTS: /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-a64-pine64-lts.dtb. I tested adapting to /boot/armbianEnv.txt:

fdtfile=allwinner/sun50i-a64-pine64-lts.dtb

Unfortunately the issue is the same: the booting process is failing. The Ethernet plug is blinking but Linux didn't boot.

I also used the images (with the kernel "next") published on https://dl.armbian.com/pine64so but no ones work, changing or not the fdtfile file.

Last time I build images it was end of December 2018 and the images worked (with the fix). So, I getted the state of the Armbian Build repository around end of December, but built images are still don't work.

On my side the "debugging" is ... very difficult: HDMI doesn't work and UART as well. So I do not know what happen during the boot.

Someone know if I can recover the state of Armbian Build of end of December (with all dependencies)?

Someone know if the current images from https://dl.armbian.com/pine64s are working with Sopine?

Thank for your help!

Best regards

On 3/24/2019 at 4:05 AM, lanefu said:

Hi Tibo

The conversation on this thread may help.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9927-sopine-not-working/?tab=comments#comment-75274

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for the message.

Finally I had been able to rebuilt armbian like it was end of December twisting the vagrant files and forcing a tag for the kernel 4.19 (presently the branch 4.19.y doesn't built at all).

Right now I cannot test if the last fixes about pine64so (https://github.com/janwillies/u-boot/commits/v2019.01-sopine-spi) merged by ... you :) works for pine64-lts boards.

If it seems to not work I will open a dedicated thread.

Thank again for the support.

Best regards

• Igor unpinned this topic