SD card Clone not working in new banana pi zero

SKD

Hi,

after cloning the working copy to SD cards is not working with new banana pi zero.

all SD cards are working with same Banana pi zero form which image is cloned.

OS - Armbian 5.41

Any solutions?

1 hour ago, SKD said:

cloning the working copy to SD cards is not working

to little information.

1. Does the original still work?
  2. How do you copy the SDcard (tool, command)?
  3. How do you write the image back to the SDcard?

@tido

Original SD card and the image cloned to new SD card works in the same banana pi zero. if i put new cloned SD card to new banana pi, OS doent boot

Am using win32 Disk imager. (read to create image and write to copy the image to SD card)

22 hours ago, SKD said:

if i put new cloned SD card to new banana pi,

without bootlog there's nothing we can do.. You've to solder the 3 UART pins to get serial output during boot. 

Keep in mind, the BPi Zero m2 is officially not supported by Armbian, therefore moved to p2p.

hi @chwe

after clone M2 board is booting now.  issue that am facing now is, network module is missing e.g if i do ifconfig it show no command found. 

hostapd also missing.

I still don't get what you want to achieve.. 

You've two of those right?

zero1.jpg

and you want to clone an image prepared for one for the other?

13 minutes ago, SKD said:

e.g if i do ifconfig it show no command found. 

likely that you're not superuser (e.g. sudo ifconfig)

I assume you use an image provided from here? http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/topic/5485

In this case I would ask the guy who provides those images what's going wrong. I've no idea what his default configuration is and how those images are built. 

We only provide the build option as CSC (community supported configuration) which means, no end-user support and not tested. In case such an Image refuses to boot or doesn't work as expected community members have to nail down the problems and send patches to armbian to fix it the core member wont fix it. For Images provided not on dl.armbian.com or armbian.com --> downloads, we can't give any end-user support cause we've no clue who made them and if they're made in a sane fashion. 

If it is made properly, network configuration should be possible over NetworkManager see:

http://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-connect-to-wireless

Ethernet (over a soldered RJ45 according to this) was never tested cause the rework of the patches which should fix the board for proper boot were done by myself (https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/957) and back then, I only tested what's actually populated on the board (wifi) plus serial console over the 3-pin header next to HDMI. 

7 minutes ago, Tido said:

s it a BPi Zero  or  a M2 ?

the naming is confusing here:

What is Banana Pi Zero

Banana Pi M2 Zero is an ultra compact single board computer measures only 60mm*30mm.

but it doesn't matter we don't provide a 5.41 image for both. (M2 got eos with 5.38) and the only 'Armbian' images for the BPi-M2-Zero were provided on Sinovoips forum and not on our dl page. Due to messed up CS pins in I'm quite confident that most images which don't disable CS (the BPi way - which was potentially harmful for the rest of our boards, that's why we don't have it in our repo) or having this patch https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/bf5a2fe6e02c3360bd94d45978f4c51135558f61/patch/u-boot/u-boot-sunxi/add-bananapi-bpi-zero.patch#L184 (which in fact disables CS in the first stage as well before DT kicks in) will simply refuse to boot. 

So IMO you've two options:

1. build an Image on your own with our buildscript and the patches we provide
  2. use the image provided by BPi and ask in their forum for support

For option 1 I may give you some advice cause I was the original submitter of those patches (even when we don't support it) - for issues related to soldered RJ45 on the 4pin header I'm not willing to give you advice, I assume it won't work on 4.14 kernel (next) or 4.18 (dev) cause the emac nodes are missing in DT, I've no idea if it works on 3.4.113 kernel cause I don't deal with fex files anymore. For option 2 it's IMO a simple 'not our business' issue. I'm not willing to nail down problems on images made by someone else where I've no idea what patches were applied.